Cold plate ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbulger

Reaction score
Is $25 a good deal for a cold plate? I dont know how big it is or how many inlets.

Just make sure it's a beverage cold plate and not something that was used for some other purpose (like automotive or industrial cooling). Otherwise, yes that's a very good price.

I went ahead and bought it anyways, but glad to hear i got a good deal. It is a single in/out deal. The ins and outs stick up lke two little prongs. I assume it was used for beer because the beer lines were still connceted at the ends. I just gotta get it cleaned up and throw it in a cooler to see how it runs. Would oxiclean be good to run through the plate?

tbulger said:
I went ahead and bought it anyways, but glad to hear i got a good deal. It is a single in/out deal. The ins and outs stick up lke two little prongs. I assume it was used for beer because the beer lines were still connceted at the ends. I just gotta get it cleaned up and throw it in a cooler to see how it runs. Would oxiclean be good to run through the plate?

I'd run a batch of oxyclean through it (giving it time to sit with the oxyclean in it) then hot water and then Star San or Iodophor.

Latest posts

Back