Heading Out to the World Expo of Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
Getting ready to leave to head over to the World Expo of Beers in Frankenmuth MI. Can't wait.

Dang, I forgot that was this weekend. SWMBO and I talked about going a couple months back, forgot and now we have plans for the weekend. Oh, well. Have a great time.

I hate you :) I'm so tied up this weekend with stuff, there's not a chance to get over there.

I'll just have to touch my bronze medal from category 23a of their comp instead.

Have fun and have 2-3 on me.

I grew up in Frankenmuth, but unfortunately have never attended the world expo of beer. I was gone up at Tech before that came into being and now I'm not even close to Muth anymore! Luckily I've been able to go to Hops and Props in Oshkosh, WI the last few years. Enjoy! Its a shame that the Frankenmuth Brewery went under as well.

We'll be there saturday. I called 2 months ago to book a room for the night, and nobody had anything...except Bavarian Inn, but I'm not paying $300+ for a single night. We went to frankenmuth a month ago and one of the front desk girls at our hotel was able to reserve a room for us at their sister hotel.

Chem, the Brewery is back in operation. They said it closed after a tornado took it out, but we enjoyed a sampler tray last month when we were there. We of course took the tour, and I had to correct the kid giving it how to pronounce "wort."

I'm sure I will have a couple for many of you. I ended up getting my tickets about 6 weeks ago. Frankenmuth was booked so I am staying in Birch Run just down the road. We are going tonight as well as tomorrow.

Wow. What a great time. Way more breweries there than I expected. Place was packed but because of the number of breweries it was easy getting beer.

We didn't get tickets ahead of time...they are still for sale at the door, right?

Back