What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Belgian Strong Dark...just one tonight. Probably. Well, it's a bomber, so I have a refill.

DSC04236.jpg

Is it weird that I think my zombie dust clone is better than the original?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

There's an app for that. It's called Homer and it's totally free of viruses. So, download it. All of us here have it.

Having a water to wash down this coconut ice cream I just annihilated. I hate drinking because it makes me want snack food. If I get fat, I'm going to hate myself. This stuff is so good.

It would be nice if they did a mix of dark chocolate along with the white chocolate to give some more chocolate character to it. But it is good how it is. I'm glad I have another bottle left.

Yep. I agree. I only got one. I'm sure there are others around.

To quote the late, great Colonel Sanders "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

Having some sailor jerry and coke. Did pretty good at total wine tonight but it all has to chill and I'm trying not to drink much beer during the week.

Damn long work day, 14 hours in and still got a few to go. Started out with a Sam Adams black lager which was pretty good. May brew a schwarzbier next.

BlackLager.jpg

But now I think a liter of my milk stout is in order.

Milk Stout.jpg

Having a water to wash down this coconut ice cream I just annihilated. I hate drinking because it makes me want snack food. If I get fat, I'm going to hate myself. This stuff is so good.

No joke! I just annihilated a Mexican pizza meal from Taco Bell. Much shame.. :D

My Red IPA. I figured out why I loved it, it reminds me of Alesmiths My Bloody Valentine- last year. I was a little less inspired with Alesmiths this year for some reason though yet it was still good. I think I need to make it my house brew from now on- favorate style-Im certain of now. Recycled pic, too lazy to post my balloon snifter glass view. Actual color is more of a copper orange than this pic. My camera cheated on making it more of a red ipa. Yet it tastes more of what I like and I want out of a red ipa.

IMG_20140222_203538234_HDR.jpg

Odd side Mayan BA stout. Interesting for sure. Cinnamon and nutmeg stand out. Not much carb. Not much heat. See as it warms.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393385269.133445.jpg

From the Squatters website:
"...three varieties of hops, then, because we can't help ourselves, we dry-hop it; resulting in an amazing two pounds of hops per barrel! "

2 lbs / barrel is not that crazy is it, esp including dry hopping? Like 5 oz in a 5 gal batch?

From the Squatters website:
"...three varieties of hops, then, because we can't help ourselves, we dry-hop it; resulting in an amazing two pounds of hops per barrel! "

2 lbs / barrel is not that crazy is it, esp including dry hopping? Like 5 oz in a 5 gal batch?

Haha! Not crazy at all. I used 19 oz in my last DIPA. 6.5 gallon batch.

Speaking of cooking, you got any good venison neck roast recipes Wes? Thinking of doing one tomorrow

I usually just wing it when I do roasts and never write anything down. But there are basically two ways I like to do venison roasts. Both involve a crock pot. First way is put the roast and all the veggies you like in there. I usually put carrots, potatoes, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, green chiles. Also some chicken broth and an envelope of onion soup mix and whatever seasonings I decide to put in at the time. Cook until meat falls apart.
The second way is with dried chiles. I'll roast a few chile pods (guajillo or ancho). Cut them in half and scrape out the seeds. Then add to a few cups of boiling water, take off heat and cover. Let sit for 30-60 minutes. Scrape the flesh out of the skin and add that with the water to the crock pot with some bouillon, onion, tomato sauce, and the meat. Add salt, pepper, chile powder, garlic and comino to taste. Once the meat is tender, add flour or a cornstarch slurry to thicken up. Then serve over rice or mashed potatoes. Hope this helps.

I usually just wing it when I do roasts and never write anything down. But there are basically two ways I like to do venison roasts. Both involve a crock pot. First way is put the roast and all the veggies you like in there. I usually put carrots, potatoes, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, green chiles. Also some chicken broth and an envelope of onion soup mix and whatever seasonings I decide to put in at the time. Cook until meat falls apart.
The second way is with dried chiles. I'll roast a few chile pods (guajillo or ancho). Cut them in half and scrape out the seeds. Then add to a few cups of boiling water, take off heat and cover. Let sit for 30-60 minutes. Scrape the flesh out of the skin and add that with the water to the crock pot with some bouillon, onion, tomato sauce, and the meat. Add salt, pepper, chile powder, garlic and comino to taste. Once the meat is tender, add flour or a cornstarch slurry to thicken up. Then serve over rice or mashed potatoes. Hope this helps.

The first is close to what I had planned but liking the second one, I have some dried pasillas and anchos handy. Thanks

Back