What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was just a question. I suppose our tastes are just different.

It's fresh. Resin flies off of the shelves here. It's probably the most hyped IPA here that doesn't live up to the hype.

Ahhh, that must be it. But it's still beer! I've brewed many beers without hops....while wearing a horse head. That's normal. Right?

"You should know better than to argue with an engineer"

I still replay that quote in my head when performing acts that require mental anger to assist in physical acts of strength.

My IPA while finishing dinner.

IMG_2117.jpg

You got an IBU on one oz of pith @ 60 min? Trying to dial in a recipe.
Do not try and bitter the beer. That's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth. There is no IBU. Then you'll see that it is not the beer that bitters, it is only yourself.

Gillette had a "decent" selection for Wyoming. not decent enough to live there again though.

on a semi-unrelated note: the way I've been explaining Gillette locals to the folks here, "It's like someone walked into the Jr. High with huge bags of cash and blank drivers licenses and said 'OK, y'all 're all growed up now. Have fun!' and then left them to their own devices." makes me wonder though if home brew does something to your brain. the folks in the home brew club weren't like that at all.

My company has a satellite office in Gillette...Guess when I go I shouldn't get my hopes up

Or surely you can email DFH Im sure they know

Hahaha!! Thanks DFH for helping us see that ancient beer sucks. Although I'm convinced when I get my time machine running and I go back and find an ancient brewer and bring him back to modern times and pour him a Midas Touch, he'd take one drink and say "what is this crap!"

Do not try and bitter the beer. That's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth. There is no IBU. Then you'll see that it is not the beer that bitters, it is only yourself.

So the bitter is in the mind of the brewer

Back