What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first is close to what I had planned but liking the second one, I have some dried pasillas and anchos handy. Thanks

If you have some chiles handy, definitely include them in whatever you decide to do with the roast. I love the flavor ancho chiles give to sauces/broths.

I have only had theri Monument IPA and was terribly underwhelmed by it, which ones do you suggest? Or should I just go by their restaurant/taproom and try em all?

Yeah yeah yeah, this is from 20+ pages back, I know...

Their Monumental IPA is my least favorite. Their Optimal Wit is good, Downright Pilsner is good, and their Porter is fantastic. But I like their seasonals. I think their Oktoberfest and their Tartan Ale are awesome. I normally like Tidings, but it was underwhelming this year. The anniversary releases are good too. Derecho Common is better now that they did it on purpose. Their Maniacal IIPA was impressive (my hopes weren't high though).

So yeah. The one you got was my least fav. I'd go try the rest.

Meanwhile, I've had a couple more of their Essential Pale Ales tonight, along with my Dusseldorf Alt and MO/EKG SMaSH.

Poked into the cooler and this homebrew-style cap called my name. Only bottle I could see in the cooler, no barcode, haggled a price with the bartender.

Thunder Kiss, a mildly saur bourbon barrel aged dunkel by New Braunfels Brewing Co. Seems like a relatively new nano maybe? Not much info out there.

Took it to go and gotta say it's pretty great. Excellent nightcap. Sour, funky, roasty, and can taste the bourbon.

Will be going back to that place to see if they have any more hiding somewhere.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393390019.667648.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393390069.130324.jpg

Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shut-down. It's been sitting in my keezer for a while, so I wanted to pop it open.

Poked into the cooler and this homebrew-style cap called my name. Only bottle I could see in the cooler, no barcode, haggled a price with the bartender.

Thunder Kiss, a mildly saur bourbon barrel aged dunkel by New Braunfels Brewing Co. Seems like a relatively new nano maybe? Not much info out there.

Took it to go and gotta say it's pretty great. Excellent nightcap. Sour, funky, roasty, and can taste the bourbon.

Will be going back to that place to see if they have any more hiding somewhere.

If you mean going to the brewery, even if thats a bust New Braunfels is a fantastic place full of ridiculous German food.....and beer.

If you mean going to the brewery, even if thats a bust New Braunfels is a fantastic place full of ridiculous German food.....and beer.

Well, I meant going back to the bar where I found this one random bottle, but New Braunfels does look to be an interesting little German enclave...

This bottle has a blank "Bottle # __/__" on the back, but saw one on Untappd that was #23/100, so I doubt I'll be able to find another one.

Well, I meant going back to the bar where I found this one random bottle, but New Braunfels does look to be an interesting little German enclave...

This bottle has a blank "Bottle # __/__" on the back, but saw one on Untappd that was #23/100, so I doubt I'll be able to find another one.

Ah gotcha. Well nice find then. And if you do get the chance to roll by do some web research, like I say its a wonderful place to spend a day.

Ah gotcha. Well nice find then. And if you do get the chance to roll by do some web research, like I say its a wonderful place to spend a day.

Ahh, New Braunfels. Camped there and floated down the Guadeloupe river more times than I can count. Love that area. There's a neat little winery not far from there called Dry Comal Creek. Worth a visit for anyone visiting the area.

Ahh, New Braunfels. Camped there and floated down the Guadeloupe river more times than I can count. Love that area. There's a neat little winery not far from there called Dry Comal Creek. Worth a visit for anyone visiting the area.

Floating the river rules! Cooler in tow of course

Home brewed double chocolate stout. Finally started doing mini mash and it makes a way better product

1393395375217.jpg

I'm having what I'm assuming will be one of the last pints of my cream porter from the keg.
I have a fantastic rye Ipa I want to keg, but this porter keeps getting better and better.

Never heard of this one. Guess I need to start digging. Nice score

sent from the late, great Colonel Sanders "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

Go to the gym instead.

Loading up on water at the moment with breakfast. Leg day.

OJ, gotta make up for some blood sugar. Yay slow nose bleed that's back in my sinus' just draining down my throat for the last 18 hours or so.

Sorry if that's TMI, its making me angry and sick. I can only taste one thing so didn't bother ruining good beer by drinking it last night. I suppose it would be a good miller time, then I couldn't taste it!

Yeah yeah yeah, this is from 20+ pages back, I know...

Their Monumental IPA is my least favorite. Their Optimal Wit is good, Downright Pilsner is good, and their Porter is fantastic. But I like their seasonals. I think their Oktoberfest and their Tartan Ale are awesome. I normally like Tidings, but it was underwhelming this year. The anniversary releases are good too. Derecho Common is better now that they did it on purpose. Their Maniacal IIPA was impressive (my hopes weren't high though).

So yeah. The one you got was my least fav. I'd go try the rest.

Meanwhile, I've had a couple more of their Essential Pale Ales tonight, along with my Dusseldorf Alt and MO/EKG SMaSH.

Wow, that is a great response. I will check some of those out. Thanks again.

I had 16 of 25. Not bad. Younger I'll probably never try or pay 200+ for utopias.

I've had 15 (or have them in my cellar at least) and already feel a cold coming so I can go down for some Younger on Monday :)

Only way I'm drinking a Utopia is if someone is very generous and pours me a taste out of their bottle!

I've had 7 of them, two more if you count what is in my cellar.

Water...in between meetings and work I've been trying to organize my beer and my bottles. I am getting rid of 4 cases of bottles and keeping only Red Hook bottles. If I do bottle, it will be bombers. I'll carry some 12 oz ones in case I want to enter a competition.

The end.

Speaking of horses, did you kids scare off that horse head kid?

I had 16 of 25. Not bad. Younger I'll probably never try or pay 200+ for utopias.

I've only had or have in my possession 10. There are 5 others on the list that I've had the opportunity to pick up at some point but didn't. Rogue Chipotle Ale on a beer bucket list? Really? I feel like the guy who wrote that list picked a few hyped up beers for the list and then threw a dart at a wall of beer names to fill in the rest.

I've had 7 of them, two more if you count what is in my cellar.

Water...in between meetings and work I've been trying to organize my beer and my bottles. I am getting rid of 4 cases of bottles and keeping only Red Hook bottles. If I do bottle, it will be bombers. I'll carry some 12 oz ones in case I want to enter a competition.

The end.

Speaking of horses, did you kids scare off that horse head kid?

No he's just taking a restroom break.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393436370.739059.jpg

Another beer list - this one isn't that bad all in all (although they obviously are not frequenters of the MAW thread on here since over half wouldn't even make the 1st cut ;) )

Only have had 9 myself. Of the 9 I have had, the DFH 120 was my personal favorite, but I had that this past new years and it was from '06 so it had quite some age on it.

Back