First 10 gallon Batch is on the burner!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmac

Reaction score
Fixing to put the hops in shortly... Hope the brown ale turns out good!!!

15 pounds of two row
2 pounds of medium crystal...
1/2 pound of chocolate

Coppers dry yeast....

We will see in a couple of weeks!!!

10 gallons is alot of beer!!!

Been itchin' to try to a 10 gallon batch since my new 15 gallon brew kettle arrived, but I'm so set in my ways with being able to pick it up and pour it into the yeast pitching bucket after cooling that I haven't sat down and figured out what I need to do to keep from infecting my batch if I cool and use the spigot. I don't have a pump to recirculate it while boiling which from what I read on here is what most do.

Me either... Just going to try and get as much out using the bulk head/spigiot I put on my kettle and then use a pitcher to get whats left...

Hope it works!!!

Had a small boil over.... Gotta quit watching the football game!!!!!!!

Trying my new immersion chiller today as well... Hope it brings my temps down pretty fast!!

Well, finally finished up and pitched the yeast... All in all today was a pretty good brew day.. The only thing that went wrong was a very small boil over (cause: watching the football game). Still had enough wort to fill up both of my 6 gallon carboys..

Started at around 10:00am and finished up around 6:00pm.. Cleaning up included...

Just took my OG reading and it is 1.048... Beersmith suggested it would be 1.044.. I am happy with that!!!

Efficiency is 76.56%... this is what I am getting from Beersmith. Not to shabby for a newbie!!

Back