What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My nightcap consists of another Drunkin Punkin and a finger of store bought moonshine. This may just be me, but I think it smells like tequila. It's Onyx Moonshine which is made in Connecticut.

Storebought? Moonshine? Conneticut? I know what these mean individually, but together, it makes no sense.

Drinking the rest of this damn saison. I haven't made a bad beer in a long time. I am not amused. On the bright side, Celebration will be out or is out to bridge the pipeline shortage.

Storebought? Moonshine? Conneticut? I know what these mean individually, but together, it makes no sense.

Drinking the rest of this damn saison. I haven't made a bad beer in a long time. I am not amused. On the bright side, Celebration will be out or is out to bridge the pipeline shortage.

Thats like being that guy that gets his salsa from New York City :pipe: Storebought moonshine is a oxymoron

Thats like being that guy that gets his salsa from New York City :pipe: Storebought moonshine is a oxymoron
It's just marketing nonsense. I tried some a while back. Good stuff and all, but the real stuff is smoother. I thought the real stuff smelled and tasted more like whiskey. Sort of a twange to it that I associate with whiskey. Hard to describe.

It's just marketing nonsense. I tried some a while back. Good stuff and all, but the real stuff is smoother. I thought the real stuff smelled and tasted more like whiskey. Sort of a twange to it that I associate with whiskey. Hard to describe.

The stuff I used to buy when I lived in Tennessee was awesome and pretty flammable

Hey, don't make fun of me, fookers! I just wanted to see what all the hubbub was about before I don't make any of my own.

Add nutrient in addition to DME?

DME will work alone what ratios are you using? And it depends really on exactly what your are looking to accomplish.

I'm not super familiar with the home lab practices, recipes etc. But I'm sure you've researched plenty. I'm lucky I have all research grade stuff at my disposal I don't have a ton of recipes for my mediums. Just x amount of this powder, x amount of nutrient, certain ph to accomplish etc.

Fat Monk Belgian

image-1410693747.jpg

So......are you choosing to not count that crap you sent me?

How many people in this thread have said that about my beer (a) and how many have said they'd buy it (b) and how many have offered to trade me for commercial beers(c)?

I haven't kept track except for (a) which is lonelytown, population 1. Weswey Watermelon Wilford Brimley.

But seriously, mint and bubbelgum? Maybe you can train your palate in the way one trains a dog not to $hit in the house.

How many people in this thread have said that about my beer (a) and how many have said they'd buy it (b) and how many have offered to trade me for commercial beers(c)?

I haven't kept track except for (a) which is lonelytown, population 1. Weswey Watermelon Wilford Brimley.

But seriously, mint and bubbelgum? Maybe you can train your palate in the way one trains a dog not to $hit in the house.

Mmm a bubblemint ale?

I still like " I can drive a truck through the hole in your palate" :ban:

Appropriately I'm finishing off a bomber of DFH 75 Min.

It could use a lot more late addition hop aroma and flavor, but it's not at all bad or offensive. Will I buy it again? Not! Will I drink it again if someone hands me a bottle? Yes indeed I will!

Which beer was it?

Saison with bam biere recipe, ecy03, cantillon brett, lacto, and citra dry hop. Was very good when he drank it, has developed into best beer I've ever made which makes me mad I wasted 3 bottles on NHC (39.5 in 16c despite in no way matching guidelines) and 1 on Wes. Well 2 counting non citra, brett, lacto version. I have 2 750s I'm trying to forget I have even though I think about drinking them every day and a magnum for my friend's 50th bday megabash in 25 days, not that I'm counting. It's probably going to best day(s) of drinking og my life to date. Probably dragging brew rig up to make beer just with dregs of the stuff we open.

Having a bomber of Green Flash Le Freak. Extremely happy the local bottle shop picked them up. I will be buying a lot of this one! Straight dank aroma but great funk to go along with it

ForumRunner_20131021_230217.jpg

DME will work alone what ratios are you using? And it depends really on exactly what your are looking to accomplish.

I'm not super familiar with the home lab practices, recipes etc. But I'm sure you've researched plenty. I'm lucky I have all research grade stuff at my disposal I don't have a ton of recipes for my mediums.

Just looking for a good medium to plate and slant yeast. Plates for culturing/testing and slants for keeping "pure" cultures.
The recipe I found on here is 35g DME, 400ml water, and 2.5g agar. I'm certainly open to suggestions.

Now for some Wookey!

TNGabe said:

Im just glad all it cost me was a bottle of Sam Adams Triple Bock. Which after drinking your beer, I wish I would've had it back to wash the minty bubblegum flavor out of my mouth.
Who knew there was something worse than a beer that tastes like a soy sauce coated piece of wet cardboard used as a dog bed.

Let's see no pics tonight I was slackin, I had a Canadian ipa forget the name and had an ace pumpkin cider and two Sierra Nevada pale ales

Im just glad all it cost me was a bottle of Sam Adams Triple Bock. Which after drinking your beer, I wish I would've had it back to wash the minty bubblegum flavor out of my mouth.
Who knew there was something worse than a beer that tastes like a soy sauce coated piece of wet cardboard used as a dog bed.

If everyone else didn't hate Triple Bock, I'd suspect it was good just because you think it's bad. Still not sure when that's ever going to be drank.

TNGabe said:
If everyone else didn't hate Triple Bock, I'd suspect it was good just because you think it's bad. Still not sure when that's ever going to be drank.

Well, even a broken clock is right two times a day.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. Aren't you supposed to be opening a 94 at the same time?

Well, even a broken clock is right two times a day.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. Aren't you supposed to be opening a 94 at the same time?

Indeed. It's hard to find an occasion deserving of them though. I'll have to remember that next time I'm over at that friends house, we're hammered, and he says grab a beer out of the fridge. I think they are still in kitchen cabinet as he'd afraid to put in the cellar.

I had some of that at a party awhile ago, the guy who brought it was trying to convince my wife that it was "a great craft beer". She made him look silly in front of his friends.

TNGabe said:
Indeed. It's hard to find an occasion deserving of them though. I'll have to remember that next time I'm over at that friends house, we're hammered, and he says grab a beer out of the fridge. I think they are still in kitchen cabinet as he'd afraid to put in the cellar.

No special occasion necessary. Just crack them open, sit back, and take a nice small sip of the worst thing you'll ever drink.

Bomber of my English IPA, followed by my kitchen sink Smoked Black Saison, followed by the first of a gallon's worth of bottles of Apfelwein that'll be aging for a while (and I mean apple wine, as in almost 14% ABV). This stuff is going to cause problems down the line...

You guys are hilarious.

Your mom is hillarious!

No special occasion necessary. Just crack them open, sit back, and take a nice small sip of the worst thing you'll ever drink.

I doubt that. I know I've drank from an ashtray can at least once and I've still had worse homebrew and I've never even had yours.

Second night cap. Another Drunkink Punkin.

Only one more nightcap and it might be bed time.

Wheat wine here.

TNGabe said:
Your mom is hillarious!

I doubt that. I know I've drank from an ashtray can at least once and I've still had worse homebrew and I've never even had yours.

Only one more nightcap and it might be bed time.

Wheat wine here.

Well, you may never have my homebrew with that attitude.

Goodnight alchys. I have to at least "try" to wake up early tomorrow.

Of course, out here on the Left Coast it's only 8:30 in the evening. I just got home from work with a detour to the local Rite Aid Pharmacy's booze section, and I'm settling in with some Newcastle Brown Ale. maybe I'll go play some World of Warcraft.

Latest posts

Back