What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sample of my sour. Finished at 1.004 and will be awesome once it sits on oak for a while.

ForumRunner_20131021_181042.jpg

looks like another case of the mondays!
Actually I was fine until someone jerked me around for 2 hours and didn't send me something. It cuts into my pay. :(
Can you really not remember drinking the last one?

I just have the one.

HAH no I mean two years ago when I had this, I recalled being very into it and it being way better.

Someone is eating her feelings ...

I made pumpkin pie bars in a pie plate because I was too lazy to find the square pan. They're delicious and sweet. The DFH punkin isn't as good as I recall (I think I complained about that this weekend) but it does taste good with my pie. :)

Your feelings look delicious! Having Sweetwater LowRYEder IPA, pretty awesome lots of rye.

ForumRunner_20131021_192103.jpg

Terrible pic, really good beer.

image-2023793513.jpg

Great South Bay Blood Orange Pale Ale.

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Your feelings look delicious! Having Sweetwater LowRYEder IPA, pretty awesome lots of rye.

LowRYEder took gold at GABF this year in the rye beer category. Great beer.

so hows OKC treating you zippers? You still dropping your whole paycheck to stock up on brews :D

I almost did on that last trip to the liquor store out here! It was well worth it tho! But after getting hit with a beer it forward today, I'll be set for a while when I get back home! If you know not of which I speak, check out the Beer It Forward thread that Mark started! I'm still so humbled at the thought that someone that I've never even had any contact with on here would do something so kind for me! That was a great idea Mark!

I almost did on that last trip to the liquor store out here! It was well worth it tho! But after getting hit with a beer it forward today, I'll be set for a while when I get back home! If you know not of which I speak, check out the Beer It Forward thread that Mark started! I'm still so humbled at the thought that someone that I've never even had any contact with on here would do something so kind for me! That was a great idea Mark!

I saw that package! Thats just the kind of community that brews and drinks too much for you :D any citing of KD while in town? :cross: Have you got to go down to bricktown at all while youve been there?

I saw that package! Thats just the kind of community that brews and drinks too much for you :D any citing of KD while in town? :cross: Have you got to go down to bricktown at all while youve been there?

Went to Bricktown a couple times. We did the canal ride, ate at some bbq joint and also ate at Bricktown Brewery. Which was pretty average. I also had a COOP DNR on tap at Old Chicago. That was freaking AWESOME!

Dirt Wolf. It's ok, but not the most drinkable DIPA I've ever had. A little heavy on the caramel malt and a too sweet.

tyzippers said:
Went to Bricktown a couple times. We did the canal ride, ate at some bbq joint and also ate at Bricktown Brewery. Which was pretty average. I also had a COOP DNR on tap at Old Chicago. That was freaking AWESOME!

While I usually prefer mom and pop type places, the ribs at Toby Keith's I Love This Bar on the river walk are awesome.

Back home from dinner and now having the last of the four pack I bought last night. I didn't mention it last night, but even in the less than a year since it was released it's changed quite a bit. Less late hop character, a bit more bitter and slightly sweeter than when I had it fresh. All expected, just surprised at how much it changed in such a short time.

20131021_200500 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

Dirt Wolf. It's ok, but not the most drinkable DIPA I've ever had. A little heavy on the caramel malt and a too sweet.

I thought that tasted a lot like FSW Double Jack, which is one of my favorite beers. To each his own, though, I don't respect you any less. Some people just don't like good beer. ;)

Back home from dinner and now having the last of the four pack I bought last night. I didn't mention it last night, but even in the less than a year since it was released it's changed quite a bit. Less late hop character, a bit more bitter and slightly sweeter than when I had it fresh. All expected, just surprised at how much it changed in such a short time.

20131021_200500 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr
You always take the best beer pictures.

I had a glass of banana wine when I got home. Now it's just orange juice.

I thought that tasted a lot like FSW Double Jack, which is one of my favorite beers. To each his own, though, I don't respect you any less. Some people just don't like good beer. ;)

Well, you can't respect someone any less when you already don't respect them, right?

Hops are great, but it drinks like hop devil. I liked 90s IPAs in the 90s, but find them cloying now.

DFH 60 min IPA

Hmmmm... An interesting balance...

That your first?

Btw another reason I don't like dfh. They now have their logo stamped in glass on the bottles in my book that makes them as bad as twist offs in that I won't use them to bottle my beer.

TNGabe said:
Well, you can't respect someone any less when you already don't respect them, right? Hops are great, but it drinks like hop devil. I liked 90s IPAs in the 90s, but find them cloying now.
Hmm... My impression has been entirely different.

Definitely doesn't remind me of Hop Devil (what I'd call a 90s IPA, not a big hop aroma, assertive bitterness and tons of crystal malt character).

Dirt Wolf to me drinks more like a Flower Power or Gandhi Bot, though I'd choose either of those over Dirt Wolf if I had my choice.

That your first?

Btw another reason I don't like dfh. They now have their logo stamped in glass on the bottles in my book that makes them as bad as twist offs in that I won't use them to bottle my beer.

we're in different boats there. I couldn't care less if the glass is stamped. I don't even clean the labels off anymore (except that port I sent TNGabe). I've heard the whole argument of "what does that say about the brewer" and I will not subscribe to that newsletter. I'm a very firm believer in it's what's on the inside.

My boss just called me to tell me that he was bringing Whataburger home for dinner! I did ask, but I guess he figured I could use something like that after the crap he pulled this morning! Finally get to try the spicy ketchup!

Hmm... My impression has been entirely different.

Definitely doesn't remind me of Hop Devil (what I'd call a 90s IPA, not a big hop aroma, assertive bitterness and tons of crystal malt character).

Dirt Wolf to me drinks more like a Flower Power or Gandhi Bot, though I'd choose either of those over Dirt Wolf if I had my choice.

New school hops, but old school malt kills it for me. It's sticky.

we're in different boats there. I couldn't care less if the glass is stamped. I don't even clean the labels off anymore (except that port I sent TNGabe). I've heard the whole argument of "what does that say about the brewer" and I will not subscribe to that newsletter. I'm a very firm believer in it's what's on the inside.

And I'm somewhere in between! I could care less if the glass is stamped. I do clean the labels off though, but that's really just so I can easily differentiate my homebrew from commercial stuff. It's just a personal preference. Not principal. Labels on, off, doesn't make the homebrew inside any better or worse!:cross:

Back