What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LoloMT7 said:
Drinking some dark roast Moose Drool Coffee.. Way better than the beer. Channel I picked up my prizes last night. For a 8 dollar entry fee I think that I made out pretty well ! Won a Refractometer, a Whiskey barrel, a $50 gift certificate for my LHBS, and a book. I'm not sure how many gallon barrel this is but its a bit smaller than a 16 gallon keg. Now I just need to find a good RIS recipe to brew soon so I can secondary it in this bad boy!

You're not making it easy to be happy for you and not make fun of Montana! Damn you! Nice prizes man.

Drinking some dark roast Moose Drool Coffee.. Way better than the beer.

Channel I picked up my prizes last night. For a 8 dollar entry fee I think that I made out pretty well ! Won a Refractometer, a Whiskey barrel, a $50 gift certificate for my LHBS, and a book. I'm not sure how many gallon barrel this is but its a bit smaller than a 16 gallon keg. Now I just need to find a good RIS recipe to brew soon so I can secondary it in this bad boy!

DAMN!!!!! congrats again, those are awesome prizes, let alone brewing on a commercial system! Do they make 15 gallon barrels? If not, it may be a half barrel (even tho it looks complete :D)

Channel I picked up my prizes last night. For a 8 dollar entry fee I think that I made out pretty well ! Won a Refractometer, a Whiskey barrel, a $50 gift certificate for my LHBS, and a book. I'm not sure how many gallon barrel this is but its a bit smaller than a 16 gallon keg. Now I just need to find a good RIS recipe to brew soon so I can secondary it in this bad boy!

I got the jealous real hard right now. Congrats man!!

Awesome haul!

I've got a best in show whiskey stout recipe if you want it.

LoloMT7 said:
Drinking some dark roast Moose Drool Coffee.. Way better than the beer. Channel I picked up my prizes last night. For a 8 dollar entry fee I think that I made out pretty well ! Won a Refractometer, a Whiskey barrel, a $50 gift certificate for my LHBS, and a book. I'm not sure how many gallon barrel this is but its a bit smaller than a 16 gallon keg. Now I just need to find a good RIS recipe to brew soon so I can secondary it in this bad boy!

Nice!

Channel66 said:
Am I sending you a recipe too? Because I can't be held responsible for your pallet dictating what is good. :ban:

My palate is just fine, don't listen to Gabe. He's just mad I didn't lie to him and tell him his beer was good. :D

My palate is just fine, don't listen to Gabe. He's just mad I didn't lie to him and tell him his beer was good. :D

I can't guarantee best in shows or perfect scores, but if you don't score a perfect score it's not the yeasts fault :p

That said, I haven't entered any contests in awhile, kinda got burnt out on them early off. Maybe I'll toss my hat back in the ring, going to need a few more medals for my new brew area.

I can't guarantee best in shows or perfect scores, but if you don't score a perfect score it's not the yeasts fault :p

That said, I haven't entered any contests in awhile, kinda got burnt out on them early off. Maybe I'll toss my hat back in the ring, going to need a few more medals for my new brew area.

I wish there were competitions around here. Do you have to be a Homebrew club member to enter these or just send your beer in?

Channel66 said:

I'm sure it wouldn't be.
I'll never know if my beer is best in show worthy, though, because I don't enter comps.

This is my milky cider 2 days after pasteurization (done a couple days after I bottled) and then chilling. It's okay. It's not a dumper but it's not one I'll do again. I have two more batches with 1 tsp yeast and 10 oz of sugar for kicks fermenting.

IMG_5600.JPG

Is that from a mill? Such uniform pieces..

You sure cut those logs into perfect rectangles :D

He's OCD, he cuts then that way so they stack into a perfect fort.

Aaand he's trying to one-up Remmy.

Pallet factory (where Wes got his I think) sells the scrap. Wife's cousin runs the place so I get to leave the dump truck there and they load it for me with the better pieces, oak mostly. Not a bad load of wood for $25.

If you zoom in, you'll see each block is also numbered so they burn in the proper order! :D

No, I number it as I stack it. ;)

Pallet factory (where Wes got his I think) sells the scrap. Wife's cousin runs the place so I get to leave the dump truck there and they load it for me with the better pieces, oak mostly. Not a bad load of wood for $25.

Dump truck eh?

Dump truck eh?

Old Cheyenne 30, not a tandem axle or anything crazy. Very handy none the less. Super nice today. Didn't have to load and have the bed up where I can just pull blocks into wheelbarrow instead of dumping and then having to load again.

image-3048550352.jpg

HB Nelson Saison. It's amazing what a little carbonation will do. I'm just about fed up with kegging, something seems to always be leaking.

Back