What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slumdog Thousandaire.

0429051810.jpg

Born and raised. Graduated from Lincoln High. My first house was not too far from your grandparents at 37th & A. My wife's Aunt and Uncle have a cabin at Leba. Awesome fishing. I am sure I would miss Val's if I didn't live here. To go pizza is good. Other people always say they miss Runza and Amigos.

That's crazy. My grandfather was vice president at Abels insurance company. We worked the books all the way until he passed in 06. Runza and Amigos were Grandma's fav. At work so no beer pics yet...

Fresh squeezed raspberry lemonade with my favorite take-out.
View attachment 274656

Okay..... Details?
Looks like a mixture of Thai and Vietnamese. Laoatin?

Homemade dumplings? Recipe?

More IPA after a dog walk,View attachment 274661

Recipe is as follows..... Drive to Korean grocery. Randomly buy incomprehensible packages of dumplings. Rinse, repeat.

Made dumplings once. Really good, followed the David Leibowitz recipe. Waaaaaaaaay too much work given the small group. A large work (wok?) group would make it easier.

Semi-sour stout #4. No pic, as I am apparently too lazy.

Okay..... Details?

Recipe is as follows..... Drive to Korean grocery. Randomly buy incomprehensible packages of dumplings. Rinse, repeat.

Made dumplings once. Really good, followed the David Leibowitz recipe. Waaaaaaaaay too much work given the small group. A large work (wok?) group would make it easier.

Semi-sour stout #4. No pic, as I am apparently too lazy.

I hear you, lots of work but so good, I have spent a lot of time in the Asian market trying to figure out what I'm looking at, the dumplings are reasonably easy.

A bottle of my Flanders, happy with it, need to bottle the next batch,View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1430355451.553141.jpg

Okay..... Details?

The picture is: wonton soup, pressed chicken (pounded out and fried chicken topped with some sort of yummy brown gravy and crushed peanuts served on top of bean sprouts), grilled pork slices (awesome) and pork fried rice. So ridiculously good. I've been eating from this place for as long as I remember. They haven't changed a bit.

2012 Riesling from Baiting Hollow farm vineyard. Nice place. Glad the local breweries are catching up to the amount of wineries though.

Beware of Sasquatch feet. Sorry. Lol

View attachment 274668

Didn't know there was a vineyard there. I went camping at baiting hollow when I kid many times. I'll have to check that vineyard out when I come down over the summer.

Didn't know there was a vineyard there. I went camping at baiting hollow when I kid many times. I'll have to check that vineyard out when I come down over the summer.

Yeah it's there. Pretty much the first one we run into headed east. Staff are super friendly and they have live music every night in the summer outside I think. Pretty laid back. I live pretty close so lmk when you come down and I can send you a few good spots or meet up for a drink. 4 breweries in nearby riverhead now.

Back