New England June 2015 Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could someone add another bag of Marris to my order?Away this weekend and only have my cell phone.

Thanks Zinc, much appreciated.

So how does this all work? How, when, and to whom do we get the money?

Read through this thread but can someone clarify where the pickup is? I'm in SW CT. Thanks. Haven't ordered in a while, and shipping costs seem crazy...

Everett Mass. It will be a few hours each way from SW ct. It's about 2 1/2 hour each way from fairfield if your in that area. I'm in central CT and its about 1 1/2 hours or so each way.

Thanks Zinc, much appreciated.

So how does this all work? How, when, and to whom do we get the money?

How: PayPal, details will follow when the buy closes

When: after buy fills up (2 pallets?)

To whom: Crazyirishman34, he will post once the buy is closed and the totals are correct.

Read through this thread but can someone clarify where the pickup is? I'm in SW CT. Thanks. Haven't ordered in a while, and shipping costs seem crazy...

The pick up is in Everett, MA just north of Boston. About 5 min off RT-93 north.

As to the shipping we pay for call ahead, lift gate, short truck, scheduled delivery, and the fuel surcharge. So it adds up, but honestly if you don't like it you are welcome to take part in another buy. Or you can pay $27.50 to Northern Brewer.

The pick up is in Everett, MA just north of Boston. About 5 min off RT-93 north.

As to the shipping we pay for call ahead, lift gate, short truck, scheduled delivery, and the fuel surcharge. So it adds up, but honestly if you don't like it you are welcome to take part in another buy. Or you can pay $27.50 to Northern Brewer.

I took his post to mean "shipping costs [from online retailers] seem crazy". No?

I take all posts with a big dose of salt, because it's honestly not worth getting incensed over online inanity.

Jesus D take a chill pill will ya

Anywho can someone add another bag of TF Mopa to my order i can't work this foolish thing

Redman et al., there's no need to be rude. Crazyirishman is doing us all a huge favor by running the buy. If you don't want to pay shipping costs or don't like the pickup time or location, don't sign up! It's a bulk buy, not a charity. These prices are the best I can get anywhere, even with shipping and a tip included. If everyone signed up for a couple bags instead of all these splits and small orders, we'd have our grain already and be brewing instead of bickering.

Redman and I are good friends in the real world so he was just poking fun at me. He knows all too well how much goes into the buy. He hosted many of the pick ups.

But thanks for coming to my defense

Hey I see this is still
Listed as open- any chance I can go in for a bag or two? I participated a couple years ago and just coming to the end of my grain

Hey all if you have less then 4 bags please try and ad a few. I am planning on wrapping up the buy on Friday and if we can fill the buy it will save money on the shipping per bag.

Was anyone shuttling closer to Hartford (or anywhere in CT)? Would be interested in 3-4 bags but may not be able to make the full drive depending on the delivery date.

Was anyone shuttling closer to Hartford (or anywhere in CT)? Would be interested in 3-4 bags but may not be able to make the full drive depending on the delivery date.

I'm in Cheshire so I might be able to help you out

Looks like you're still 10-12 sacks short for pallet 3. I'll see if I can round up a few sacks this weekend. Do you have a drop dead date on the order?

Haha scratch that. Still 700lbs in reserve. Probably best I don't go overboard like I usually do :mad:

Back