5/8" beer lines - Perfect pours?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wronguy

Reaction score
Hi I currently have a kegging setup and bought 5ft long picnic taps that came with 5/8" tubing attached.

I have been using this for about 3 weeks and have had nothing but perfect pours, I bought some 3/8 tubing as people have suggested but was wondering if it is necessary when I hook up my perlicks or if I should just use the 5/8", everybody seems to have lots of trouble with anything bigger than 3/8 with short lines. Any help would be appreciated

I suggest a drug test. :D The standard sized beer line is 3/16", I have no idea what you mean by 5/8" line.

_

I think that was probably the OD instead of the ID, never the less I switched it out to the 3/16 poly tubing from mcmaster when I put my Perlicks in. Works great, a little hard to get the fitting on but boiling water works well. No taste from tubing

I too switched from the larger diameter tubing that came with my keg setup to the 3/16" ID tubing and it pours much better. I was getting way too much foam most of the time.

Back