Italian beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonbomb

Reaction score
I know Italy is know for its wine but when I went there when I was 16 I had my first beer.... peroni. I thought it was amazing. Now doesn anyone else know of any other italian beers around that I can buy or maybe even clone??

I only know what I can get at the Italian restaraunt chain Bertucci's, which is Peroni.

I'm sure I've gotten a few others here and there but can't remember any names. Nothing has really stuck me as special about them, I guess.

I kind of like it with dinner. But I don't know how it would be solo. Can't think of what an "Italian" style would be aside from maybe a Pilsneresque light and effervescent body and sparse hop profile.

google gives me this list

Birra del Borgo.
Le Baladin.
Troll.
Maltus Faber.
Almond '22.
L'Olmaia.
Opperbacco.
Scarampola.
Maltovivo.
Lurisia.
Panil.
Nuovo birrificio italiano.
32 via dei birrai.
La petrognola.
Trentatre.
Maiella.
Karma.

Moretti and Peroni in this area. Moretti is very good, but the Peroni that I had was so skunked it was a dumper after the second sip. Both are green bottles, so it was not a surprise. Fresh, I'm sure it would be a very good pils.

If you are into sour beers I would suggest you tried Panil. I've had it several times @ tastings and l liked it a lot.

Le Baladin are Belgian inspired beers, and very good ones at that. I've had the Super, Nora and Noel, and I must say that they are some delicious beers.

Latest posts

Back