Great Lakes Brewing Co. - Some Bottle Conditioned Beers Now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marubozo

I can has homebrew?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I missed the memo, but is GLBC bottle conditioning some beers now? Or have they always been doing it and I just never noticed?

I've got some of their Conway Irish in the fridge right now and it's obviously filtered. But I picked up some Comodore Perry earlier this week and noticed the sediment in the bottom of the bottles. I drank the Comodore Perry all last summer and don't recall that so I wonder if this is something new or if I was tricked by some of the other filtered beers and never paid attention when pouring their others.

The only other GL beer I have in the fridge right now is an Oktoberfest, which also has sediment.

Just to note, depending on how fine the filter is and what filter media were used, even some filtered beers will drop sediment if left sitting long enough. How old was the Perry?

The date on the bottle said 1/05/10, which I think is the suggested use by date, so that would be a bit old. It's weird, none of the Irish ales or even the Oktoberfest have dates imprinted on them.

Back