Popped the Top on my First Batch!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bam

Reaction score
Hi All!!

Last night I opened my first bottle of the first extract brew I did back around Christmas. It is an amber ale from homebrewers.com. I fermented it - not according to the instructions - for almost three weeks before I bottled. I sampled some while I was bottling and it had a good taste, in my opinion, then, before any carbing/conditioning. Then last night, after almost three weeks in the bottle I pryed the top off and it had a very nice releasing sound; poured it nice and slow to make sure I left the sediment behind - which wasn't very much btw; took my first drink and I was extremely happy!! It actually tasted great!

Now, I have a blonde ale from the lhbs in a secondary fermenter that has about a week left before bottling. Hopefully I can find a day to brew this week to keep the process going!!!!

:mug:

Hi All!!

Last night I opened my first bottle of the first extract brew I did back around Christmas. It is an amber ale from homebrewers.com. I fermented it - not according to the instructions - for almost three weeks before I bottled. I sampled some while I was bottling and it had a good taste, in my opinion, then, before any carbing/conditioning. Then last night, after almost three weeks in the bottle I pryed the top off and it had a very nice releasing sound; poured it nice and slow to make sure I left the sediment behind - which wasn't very much btw; took my first drink and I was extremely happy!! It actually tasted great!

Now, I have a blonde ale from the lhbs in a secondary fermenter that has about a week left before bottling. Hopefully I can find a day to brew this week to keep the process going!!!!

All that hard work is worth it when you pop the top off and enjoy something
you made yourself.Well done!!:mug:

Congrats Bam....I got a moth to wait before I can experience that.....I got my first batch in primary fermenter last night..........

Thanks guys! It definitely makes the wait worth it when you taste it and realize you didn't screw it up!

jay- the month goes by a lot quicker than you think. espescially when you get into searching for your next batch of ingredients to brew, and furthering your understanding of this wonderful hobby. All these things will make the wait a lot easier.

Well I got my first batch in the primary and I have my next batch kit in hand. I need a new primary so I don't have to wait......lol

Thanks mcstout!

Starting to get the itch brewagentjay? lol.

Yes I got the itch. I got my next batch ready and I'm looking into a easy cider for the SWMBO to make sure she doesn't get jealous of my beer equipment who I spend more time with lately...

bam, I couldn't wait so I made a 1 gallon batch of apfelwein for the SWMBO....Thanks to some help from the guys in cider forum.....

Greetings fellow Bama-er. I brewed my first on 01/01/10 and have enjoyed it already, it's still greenish but definitely drinkable. Put my 6L TAD in the fridge today actually, went a little buck wild tonight and drank 3 pints (oops).

It was a Munton's Nut Brown and turned out well, obviously,drinkable! haha.

Congrats on the first brew! and also congrats on the start of your pipeline! I am damn proud to see you enjoying the fruits of your labor!

Thanks azscoob!!

Grimster, I don't necessarily see an oops in your situation..unless of course it means running out too quickly.. but then, just brew some more :)

brewagentjay, how'd that turn out for ya? I'm looking at making some malted cider for my SWMBO soon. Hopefully it'll turn out well for both of us!

Thanks azscoob!!

Grimster, I don't necessarily see an oops in your situation..unless of course it means running out too quickly.. but then, just brew some more :)

brewagentjay, how'd that turn out for ya? I'm looking at making some malted cider for my SWMBO soon. Hopefully it'll turn out well for both of us!

The apfelwein is going great. I haven't tasted it yet but it's easy and just ferments with any trouble bubbles away every day. I went ahead and put a second gallong batch to bubbling this weekend. How you doing? Haven't seen you on here recently. I got two beer batches in the primaries and moving one to secondary this week. I did taste my first batch at an SG reading last week and it was amazing in my opinion. Can't wait to drink it.

Congrats Bam,

I started drinking my first batch that i made after one week in the bottle. They were carbed up nice and tasted great. Even my buddy liked the beer it was a Cologne Kolsch. I have to get my but in gear and make more cause this batch will not last long.

Congrats, Bam. Now repeat after me, "Hi, my name is Bam, and I'm a homebrewer."
It's such a rewarding hobby, that it's a habit.
Enjoy!

Congrats bam! I'm about 5 weeks away from tasting my first, but I'll be brewing my second batch tonight... pipeline brudda!

Doesn't it feel great? I just popped the top on my first beer last night, its still not fully carbed, only been capped for 1 week, but the hell with it, this is my beer and its damn fine! It feels great making something you and others can enjoy so much. Getting drunk is just a happy biproduct :)

My name is Bam and I am a homebrewer!!

I just bottled my second batch tonight. Tasted a sample. Pretty frikking good! Got another batch in primary that has about a week and a half or so left till bottling time.

Sorry I haven't been on here lately. I have been under the weather for a bit. But I think I'm back up and running now and ready to get back on the ball!!

I am with everyone on the excitement. I have my first batch that I am going to bottle this weekend. I am looking forward to that and of course drinking it in a few weeks.

I am with everyone on the excitement. I have my first batch that I am going to bottle this weekend. I am looking forward to that and of course drinking it in a few weeks.

I'm jealous as your a couple weeks ahead of me on the first batch. I'm putting the third batch in the brew kettle this weekend so once I get the pipeline going I'll be set for good...........

Crap going to need bottles soon and I have only drank a case worth....:rockin: guess I need to drink more

I'm jealous as your a couple weeks ahead of me on the first batch. I'm putting the third batch in the brew kettle this weekend so once I get the pipeline going I'll be set for good...........

I have my first batch 1 week in bottle and I am going for 2 5gal batches this weekend!

Crap going to need bottles soon and I have only drank a case worth....:rockin: guess I need to drink more

Or have more friends over!

Or have more friends over!

I'm going to try maybe a special offer, bring me 12 USABLE bottles and you can have 1 bottle back FULL, your choice of what I have on hand. I mean they're just gonna throw 'em away anyway, turns a 12 pack into a 13 pack for free!

I have a few friends that all work at the same bar, they said I can come by at closing any day to grab bottle. I can easily walk out with enough bottles for a full batch, just need to wash/san and peel lables for a few hours. lol.

Back