Does this look normal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolkphoto

Reaction score
I haven't brewed in a few years, and I'm just getting back to it. Does the head on this fermentation vessel look normal? I ask b/c it doesn't look right to me years later, and we had a few issues in brewing that could've caused some contamination of bacteria. I'm 6 days into primary fermentation. There seems to be some chunky curdled-like things floating around the top occasionally dropping to the bottom. For some reason, i don't remember these.

Thanks in advance!

vq6qnm.jpg

Thanks for easing my mind! I'm pretty excited about being back. I was all extract and bottling in the past, and I told myself if/when I got back to it, i'd only do all grain and keg. Kegerator is ready for it's first batch!

There seems to be some chunky curdled-like things floating around the top occasionally dropping to the bottom. For some reason, i don't remember these.

Did you happen to use an English yeast this time? I'm guessing maybe you didn't use a high floccing yeast when you were brewing last, that is why you may not remember it looking like that. English strains tend to be very "curd like." WLP002 possibly?

MachineShopBrewing said:
Did you happen to use an English yeast this time? I'm guessing maybe you didn't use a high floccing yeast when you were brewing last, that is why you may not remember it looking like that. English strains tend to be very "curd like." WLP002 possibly?

I used a American ale yeast wyeast smack pack

Latest posts

Back