Store bought beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flywallyfly

Reaction score
Sure is nice to be at the grocery store and not even look at the beer section very much anymore. Homebrewing is an awesome thing !:ban:

Guess it depends on where you live. With 80+ craft breweries around here, even the 7-11 carries the good stuff.

When you have a fridge full of porters you have been brewing, its nice to buy a Pils for a change.

Our grocery stores mainly have the macros, plus a few major craft brewers like New Belgium and Sierra Nevada. I still buy the good stuff at a decent clip, but I can't remember the last time I got a sixer of something like Fat Tire.

Ive actually been drinking probably 5x as much store bought beer since I started brewing. I guess to taste as much as I can, or maybe just cause it has gotten me drinking beer more.

Ive actually been drinking probably 5x as much store bought beer since I started brewing. I guess to taste as much as I can, or maybe just cause it has gotten me drinking beer more.

+1... I'm not buying as much in the store, but hitting up beer bars and liquor stores more often than before.

+2- I make about 5-10 gallons every month, and I spend at least that or more on trying new beers and new styles. I've heard of and tried stuff I didn't even know existed till I started really getting into brewing literature. At this point, if I see a liquor store I've never been to, I go in to see if they have something I've read about.

I love beer.!!!!

I guess i am the odd ball...i haven't bought beer if years and love it :)...bars dont count of course...

I always love trying new beers - ones that are supposed to be good. I don't care about beers that aren't that great. That is really the only time I buy beer. I love the beer I brew and honestly think it is better than most commercial beer. That being said, I am very critical of my beer, and only compare it to the best of the best.

Back