So how fast can I bottle a wheat?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajbram

Reaction score
1.059 OG, fermenting with Safbrew S-33 at 66.5F. Fermentation is super vigorous right now. How fast do you think this will finish?

I did a hefeweizen last year that was done after 2 weeks in primary. I bottled & was drinking it in another 2 weeks.

Obviously, you'll want to take hydrometer readings to make sure it is done before you package it.

Most regular OG sized beers will be done fermenting in 5-7 days or so. You can bottle when finished but I like to wait until the beer clears a bit so there is less crud in the bottles.

Hydrometer readings and letting the trub drop a bit for sure... this one took off like a rocket though, and I have read that S-33 typically finishes super fast. Just looking for rampant speculation on how long this will take. I'm figuring 7 days in primary and then let it clear for a few before bottling.

Back