Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know we are supposed to be talking trash, but I just feel so wicked bad for Brian Urlacher. He is such a stand up guy and I love to watch him play. The last couple seasons have really made me feel for the guy. I can't even imagine the frustration...

i hate to see any player on any team get injured. if it helps or hurts my team, either way, i don't like to see it. football is their job, their passion, their life. when it gets taken away from them, temporarily or permanently (God forbid), it is a sad thing to see. On the Giants' side, seeing how happy Umeniora is to be back this year, how happy he is to be playing ball again, and the interviews last year when you could see how depressed he was not playing, i don't wish that on anyone.

i hate to see any player on any team get injured. if it helps or hurts my team, either way, i don't like to see it. football is their job, their passion, their life. when it gets taken away from them, temporarily or permanently (God forbid), it is a sad thing to see. On the Giants' side, seeing how happy Umeniora is to be back this year, how happy he is to be playing ball again, and the interviews last year when you could see how depressed he was not playing, i don't wish that on anyone.

Well said. As much as I like to root against McNabb, I felt bad for him when those guys rolled on him in the end zone yesterday.

BTW, isn't it time to change your avatar? I like this one:
tuck.jpg
:D

edit: that was quick, I see great minds think alike

Well said. As much as I like to root against McNabb, I felt bad for him when those guys rolled on him in the end zone yesterday.

BTW, isn't it time to change your avatar? I like this one:
tuck.jpg
:D

edit: that was quick, I see great minds think alike

Ha. I had made it yesterday

Edit: I was going to edit this to not quote the image, as it just takes up so much space... but it is such a pretty shot :)

Hmmm... Buffalo is giving the untouchables a run for their money so far. It's all for the better, bring those heads back down to normal size.

Yaya, I know there's a ton of time left, but from the ESPN gamecast (I'm still at work) it doesn't look like NE is handling to Bills too well, and for Brady to throw an int for a TD, tsk tsk.

Dont worry the pats fans will be full of all sorts of excuses come tomorrow. I am just waiting for the "they only lost because it is 8 days before the autumnal equinox"

Glad to see the Lions still feel bad about Hurricane Katrina, and gave the Saints a freebie this week. No reason to show all of your tricks in the first week. I gotta give them credit for keeping it close with the defense playing with one hand tied behind their backs.

It was more like the defense was playing with their heads up their asses! I mean I know it was just the Lions and all, but 6 passing touchdowns and 1 rushing touchdown is damn impressive. Geaux Saints!

It was more like the defense was playing with their heads up their asses! I mean I know it was just the Lions and all, but 6 passing touchdowns and 1 rushing touchdown is damn impressive. Geaux Saints!

I'm supposed to be bashing other teams, but it's the Lions, so..

The Lions didn't rush the QB, and supposedly had all of the coverage downfield... Yet the Saints were open MOST OF THE TIME? What were they doing out there??

Minnesota is going to be in their sights now. Forget New Orleans. That sht is over. Time to smear some Favre into the turf! I think it will be a contest to se which QB can throw away more passes.

Da Browns look as good as any other team in the league right up until kick off. I mean when they are warming up or during the coin toss, they appear to be a FANTASTIC football team. Then the team kicks off and all illusions are shattered.:mad:

I swear to God when the Browns take the field they should play the Benny Hill theme song.:cross:

Damn, we suck. Homer, where should I send that IPA?

Da Browns look as good as any other team in the league right up until kick off. I mean when they are warming up or during the coin toss, they appear to be a FANTASTIC football team. Then the team kicks off and all illusions are shattered.:mad:

I swear to God when the Browns take the field they should play the Benny Hill theme song.:cross:

Don't blame the browns, blame the ravens!!! :D

Any Cardinals fans around? Last nights' showing... I mean, I know it's Peyton Manning, but c'mon, you've at least got to TRY and defend him. Looked like Indy was going up against a Division III squad. Looked absolutely nothing like a team that's only a few months' removed from the Super Bowl.

Any Cardinals fans around? Last nights' showing... I mean, I know it's Peyton Manning, but c'mon, you've at least got to TRY and defend him. Looked like Indy was going up against a Division III squad. Looked absolutely nothing like a team that's only a few months' removed from the Super Bowl.

hmmmmmm, that sounds awfully familiar. :D :D :D

Lets Go Cardinals!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and lets try to win it this year!!!!!!!!!!

You really are joking right? I mean you do understand that last year was a fluke. That it must have been some poor cancer kid's dying wish to god that the cardinals make it to the super bowl. To bad he only wish that they would make it there.

You KNOW how much this pains me to say but both teams are looking good too. Uh oh.

I cannot WAIT until the Jets play the Pats again; mark my words, the Pats will be a much better team in the last three games of the season than they've been (even with a great showing yesterday) over the first three games.

Ya, who would've thought that the Lions grab a W before the Browns? ;)

Look. Just kiss the Giants feet when they come to your stadium. We all know the rulers of the NFL, so just bow down! :drunk:

i am loving today, ragging on all my friends who are 'Skins fans.

They really need to drop Zorn. They can hold their own, but then they just fall apart for no reason. That is just bad leadership.

They can't keep changing coaches, though. Zorn may not be the right guy, but when players see that the coaches are only around for a season or two, they don't respect them and they don't give it their all. Changing coaches all the time becomes a vicious cycle, players know that they aren't going to be held accountable.

I'm convinced that one of the core reasons that Pittsburgh has had so much consistent success over the years is not just that they've had good coaching, but because the players have known that they aren't going to win a power struggle with the coach.

They can't keep changing coaches, though. Zorn may not be the right guy, but when players see that the coaches are only around for a season or two, they don't respect them and they don't give it their all. Changing coaches all the time becomes a vicious cycle, players know that they aren't going to be held accountable.

I'm convinced that one of the core reasons that Pittsburgh has had so much consistent success over the years is not just that they've had good coaching, but because the players have known that they aren't going to win a power struggle with the coach.

Yea, I agree with you on that. Puts Washington into a no-win situation though. Keep Zorn? Lose. Fire Zorn? Lose.

The Skins QB is just terrible. Seriously, he is at best a back up and has somehow wrangled a starting position. No on field leadership, I'm not convinced Zorn is the culprit here, although he is also the QB coach.

They should of picked up Vick while they had a chance. ;)

But the wet end is soft and mushy.

Anyway, GO PANTHERS!!!! Beat Dallas until they whine like the little girls that they are.

But the wet end is soft and mushy.

Anyway, GO PANTHERS!!!! Beat Dallas until they whine like the little girls that they are.

Im not an eagles fan but i would still love to see dallas lose. Not going to happen though.

Back