Holy Temperature Change, Batman!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernie Brewer

Grouchy Old Fart
Reaction score
Ok, it's 40 deg right now, but we have a nasty front about to come through, and by this time tomorrow it's supposed to hit 7 below zero! Without the windchill!

Yes this is Wisconsin, and the cold doesn't bother me, and 7 below isn't really that unusual around here, but that is almost a 50 degree difference in less than 24 hours!!! Simply amazing!

Bernie Brewer said:
a 50 degree difference in less than 24 hours!!! Simply amazing!

So is the fact that living things, like trees are exposed to it and do fine. Makes me want to blow another two hours studying trees...

Heck, even starting a car in frigid weather is a feat, considering what goes into it (at the expense of wear, I guess).

Bernie Brewer said:
Ok, it's 40 deg right now, but we have a nasty front about to come through, and by this time tomorrow it's supposed to hit 7 below zero! Without the windchill!

Yes this is Wisconsin, and the cold doesn't bother me, and 7 below isn't really that unusual around here, but that is almost a 50 degree difference in less than 24 hours!!! Simply amazing!

Dude-- where in Wisconsin are you? That is almost exactly the weather report for Madison WI. I'm in middleton right now (but I live in fitchburg)

My cousin emailed my grandmother yesterday to point out that where she is (and I can't remember off the top of my head), it was 45 degrees yesterday, and by tonight it is supposed to be -32. A 77 degree drop in 36 hours... YUCK.

And with all the rain and melting snow we are having before the freezing temperatures it is going to make a fantastic year for potholes....:mad:

kornkob said:
Dude-- where in Wisconsin are you? That is almost exactly the weather report for Madison WI. I'm in middleton right now (but I live in fitchburg)

Near FdL. But the forecast is pretty much the same for just about the whole state.

Yeah, we were about 45F last night at 9p, and 5F this morning when I got in the truck.

We had 42 yesterday and tonight it says we will be -12 tomorow night -19

At least we had a few decent days :)

wihophead said:
And with all the rain and melting snow we are having before the freezing temperatures it is going to make a fantastic year for potholes....:mad:

I'm already seeing them. They are small now, but will be able to swallow a small car soon.

Yeah, this weather is ridiculous. It was over 40 yesterday and right now it is 0 with a -20 windchill. WTF. I stepped outside this morning with a plastic water bottle that was nearly empty and it immediately started trying to collapse on itself because of the drastic change in air pressure.

I'm really done with this winter....

As much as I hate the cold....... don't take it away from me just yet. After all, as soon as it gets warm, that means I 1) lose my "free" walk-in corny keg refrigerator (the front porch) and 2) have to put all the window A/C units back in!! T___T

Besides. Once we're "officially" back into summer, that means I finally have to spend $$ on temp control. So many things to upgrade, so little time! :(

yeah, it was 60 in Lincoln yesterday. Today its 14, tonights low is 0, and that's not counting the strong winds giving us sub-zero windchills.

Back