Hello from Victoria BC!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vfinch

Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm a new homebrewer and have been brewing for a month now and have completed 2x1gal AG batches and 1x5gal AG batch (and I'm doing one this weekend). I had been planning on trying homebrewing for years, but a trip to a local AG u-brew gave me the kick I needed.

My original 1gal system, which I setup to see if I liked brewing:

• 2x1gal apple cider jugs
  • Small 1gal Gott-style cooler (free)
  • Homemade bazooka screen
  • Rolling Pin :)

My new 5gal setup (using a lot of used equipment I grabbed cheap):
  • 7.5gal turkey fryer setup
  • 5gal Igloo cooler w/ 3/8 copper pipe & homemade bazooka screen
  • 2x6gal glass carboys
  • 5gal glass carboy
  • Bottling equipment (tree, washer, sani-pump, etc...)
  • Corona-style Porkert mill
  • Homemade 25' 3/8" wort chiller
  • Brew belt

I've been enjoying the brewing a lot and really look forward to playing with some beer styles I haven't had much of a chance to try before.

Hi and welcome to the forums. Brewing can be quite obsessive so beware. I have been to Vicoria a couple of times and loved it there.

Hey there,

Welcome from a fellow bc'er. Victoria is a beautiful city, and Spinnakers is a great gastro pub.

Ken

Hello and welcome!! I am very jelous of you living in vic! Spinnakers is a great pub, they provide lots of good ideas about beers. Congrats on going to a larger all grain set up!

Wing nut

Thanks for warm welcome.

We're pretty spoiled when it comes to great microbrewed beer in BC. Phillips, Howe Sound, Tree Brewing, Granville Island, KB Brewing, and more. I've been enjoying so many great bought beers that I just had to try my hand at making my own.

I've also had the pleasure of travelling around the US on work trips and trying each area's local microbrews. A few years ago I used to travel to Chico CA quite a bit, so I regularly dropped by the Sierra Nevada restaurant for a beer and dinner as well as the Chico Brewhouse (one of my favorites!). The last couple of new microbrews I've tried were Moosedrool from Big Sky Brewing and Keywest Sunset Ale from the Florida Beer Company. I also grabbed a six pack of microbrew in Arizona recently, but I can't remember what it was!

Back