Choosing a connector type between e-valves / CP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squeeky

Reaction score
HBT,

I'm looking to get some input from everyone on the type of connectors I should use with my automated system between the motorized valves and control panel.

My original plan was to spend a little more up front and use patch cables. This would allow me to make the system more portable and not have a web of wires between brews.

The valves I will be using come with only 8" leads, which would require extensions in the first place. I would like to solder female connections directly to valve lead and use a patch. The only question is what type of connector, as the valves require 3-wires and will likely be 8+ valves.

My first thought was to use XLR connectors, as they would be easy to solder and very easy to mount in CP. However I started to think about costs of 8+ connector and patch cables.

I also thought about using phone lines, due to their small size and inexpensive.

I would also be curious what else is out there that would easily handle 12vdc. I wouldn't mind finding something that is a barrel connector.

Thanks
Squeeky

Back