What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand, if I am serving beer to others, I want the best experience they can have. That, and show homebrew can kick ass!

One time, at the end of my chill, I found a wasp in the wort. I was sure it wasn't there when the temp was over 100. Drove me nuts, but the beer was fine. Hope yours is too.

Not drinking anything right now, full of water and coffee.

A wasp!? :eek:
You know, it should inoculate and I'll be there tomorrow so I can always go hug it and make sure it knows I still love it. :)

I will say this, I am making the move to electric and after yesterday, I realize that a single issue with the panel can ruin or stop a brew day. I won't have the liberty of swapping to propane on the fly like we did here. Going electric is serious and doesn't mean I can nap while brewing.

Coffee.
@remmy I couldn't follow what is happening today but if it's another interview then good luck. I've been job hunting for three weeks now and have only had one interview. They get to the pay part and laugh at me. I'm not asking for more, I just want to make the same.

Thanks. We did the character breakfasts when we first started going to Disney, but not anymore. We don't eat enough to make them worth the price, plus you lose a lot of park time sitting in a restaurant.

Our next few trips we are opting just for counter services...much less time and a hell of a lot less money. I mean 50.00 per person for breakfast is a bit much, it would be worth while only to see Vader force choke somebody, but I dunno if that would happen there.

Our next few trips we are opting just for counter services...much less time and a hell of a lot less money. I mean 50.00 per person for breakfast is a bit much, it would be worth while only to see Vader force choke somebody, but I dunno if that would happen there.

We get a 1 bedroom so we do breakfast and lunch in the room and then eat dinner in the parks. Works well since we like to come back and swim for an hour or two around lunchtime when the parks are at their craziest. Only two weeks away now - I am ready! :ban:

We get a 1 bedroom so we do breakfast and lunch in the room and then eat dinner in the parks. Works well since we like to come back and swim for an hour or two around lunchtime when the parks are at their craziest. Only two weeks away now - I am ready! :ban:

I hear that man, we are going back in October and we are really looking forward to it. When we are packing up we may book it on a boomerang package to go back in May for my daughters birthday and get a 30% discount for the rooms.

Me too. It's really bothering me right now. The reason I fear infection is that they somehow managed to break the boil keggle that goes with the system so their brewer brought in the keggle. Well, there wasn't anything large enough to use as a lid so while chilling through a CFC, a march pump clogged. We sanitized another and it clogged right away. Evidently there wasn't a single hop blocking device in that keggle. So while we had to figure out how the hell to chill, the wort is just sitting there. Then we used an immersion chiller, but still, there's the damn wort just sitting there.

Then as I racked into the FV, I realized we dumped the saniclean out a good 45 minutes ago. So that vessel may have caught airborne nasties. I just had to say **** it because the beer was in there. Volumes were low due to clogs and the CFC and pumps taking a good gallon, the electrical panel was shot and apparently this was sort of known and no one cared to mention. It was a cluster **** all around. The charity event is a planned event, I cannot move it and I cannot rebrew on a system I know works (mine) because of the laws.

I said I was concerned about infection and basically was told it will be kept cold so it won't probably take hold, but I worry about off flavors. I care because this represents what I can do and I don't want to unload a crappy product. I should have stopped brew day and came back when the panel didn't work since 2 hours of time was already invested in screwing around with that.

I'll be back in about 7 days to dry hop and I'll take a sample. If I detect a single off-flavor I'll rebrew on the 9th. I should still be okay for the 30th. I am hoping that if there is an issue, it'll be obvious in 7 days.

I know I'm ranting but this is for charity and I'm not serving **** beer that tastes like it was made by some kid in their closet...this can be another post that can be ignored. ;)

Yuck. Sounds like a definite clusterF. With how often I have screwed up while brewing it should be fine, but I do understand your apprehension. I wouldn't want to serve an off beer either. Hang in there, it will be as most worry brews are. Amazing and un-repeatable.

I hear that man, we are going back in October and we are really looking forward to it. When we are packing up we may book it on a boomerang package to go back in May for my daughters birthday and get a 30% discount for the rooms.

Wine & Food Festival is the bee's knees. Nothing like walking around the world showcase shoveling food into your pie hole and drinking copious amounts of beer! :tank:

Wine & Food Festival is the bee's knees. Nothing like walking around the world showcase shoveling food into your pie hole and drinking copious amounts of beer! :tank:

That's the plan! lol The Flower and Garden festival was really fun, and I'm really glad we did it, but it was much smaller in scope in comparison to the Food and Wine festival. This will be our first trip during that time and I'm stoked for it.

Did you pack your straw fedora?

Straw hats? Uh. No. Clean shaved head and lumbrojack beard is where its at right now, obviously. I didn't expect you to understand.

The best part of that article.

Wine-Snob-300x285.jpg

On the Franz Kafka. Deciding if I should brew today while there's no one around or to enjoy the alone time and brew on Sunday. Decisions....

Mark, you get the Hop Trooper or the Hop General? I got the Hop Trooper tee last release and it is definitely bad ass. The new one is pretty damn sweet, I have bought every special release tee they have put out since the first hop head tee but I can't justify the cost right now.

On the coffee hard and heavy. Decided to work only 9 hours today instead of 12 because I'm sick of work

You can run that by us for approval. :D

This guy makes enterprisewide changes and dont tell anyone (especially the Help Desk), anytime a ticket is made and sent to his team kneejerk "What TS has been done, assigning back" message sent back to HD even though troubleshooting information is included in the ticket, Patches and reboots email servers during busiest part of day, not respond to other tickets for over a month then reassigns back to get more information or ask if it is still a problem, and much much more.

The guy has the worst phone side manner i have ever witnessed. I would take my hopeless worthless other coworker, because although he makes for more work, I can at least pretty much pretend he doesnt exist. this one, less so.

I am so over this week. 3 hours 20 minutes left.

Water, fixed the laser cutter that the students thought they knew how to use, Department Head is taking us out to lunch, going to hang out at the bottle shop lounge this afternoon. Life is good.

Yeah, AA can be a real pain.

I jest. On the water as well.

Need to calm down or I am going to say something I am going to regret to a coworker.

Funny, I was just thinking that I need to calm down or I'm going to do something I'll regret. It has nothing to do with co-workers though.

Protein shake. Can't wait to go spend my lunch with @mattmmille and just shoot the ****.

Mark, you get the Hop Trooper or the Hop General? I got the Hop Trooper tee last release and it is definitely bad ass. The new one is pretty damn sweet, I have bought every special release tee they have put out since the first hop head tee but I can't justify the cost right now.

On the coffee hard and heavy. Decided to work only 9 hours today instead of 12 because I'm sick of work

Trooper - should have it in time for Star Wars weekend!

Anyone want some Black Tuesday? They are releasing some bottles today at noon for their anniversary sale. I don't need anymore BT but I will be there picking up some stuff. I figured I would offer it up to you guys. I can grab two bottles while I am there. It's a Two bottle limit at $35. Send me a pm.

Back