Columbia SC brew shops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedyR

Reaction score
I"m going to be in town for a couple of days working, but thought I'd check to see if there are any good brew shops or pubs that I should visit while there? staying north of town but will be downtown for work...

always nice to check out local brew shops and see if they have anything I just can't pass up! plus I hate chain restaurants and usually if they know enough to brew a good beer, they know enough to make some decent food. :)

:mug:

Bet-Mar Liquid Hobby is the only homebrew shop currently open in Columbia. 736 St Andrews Rd, Columbia, SC 29210
(803) 798-2033

KegCowboy is going through renovations currently and are only serving draft and bottles.

I would also check out Green's Beverage (2 locations) for great bottle selections and if you have time Conquest Brewing near the William Brice Stadium. Great guys and beer as well. Definitely try the coffee ipa if they still have it on draft.

New LHBS on the northeast side of town. Two Notch Rd in Pontiac, just before the intersection near Pontiac House of Pizza...

Owner is named JT and store is Called 'DIY Brewhouse'. He's very knowledgable and provides awesome customer service! Also a retired veteran. Check out his Facebook page (I don't Facebook tho).

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I can also recommend JP at the DIY Brewhouse in Pontiac! He's been very helpful to me and I like supporting a fellow veteran. He holds a beer and wine tasting and competition on the last saturday of each month. runs from about 11am to 2pm.

Terry

Back