First GE 7 cf Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmarr06

Reaction score
I just finished my keezer build, and since I used this forum for guidance through each step I wanted to share my experience in the hopes that it might help another amateur keezer builder.

Very early in the process I decided to keep it simple, so I based my design off of Billy Broas' design. His website was very helpful and I'd recommend it:

http://billybrew.com/kegerator-collar

I purchased all of my gas and beer line equipment from Austin Homebrew. Those guys were also super helpful.

http://.austinhomebrew.com

Here are the limited photos I took throughout the process, my apologies for the poor quality in some of the shots.

6475-collar-mocked-up-freezer.jpg

Initial Mock Up of the collar. I used 2"x6"s to make the internal collar frame, which is the same dimension as the outside of the freezer. The exterior, face boards were 1"x8" pine that were glued on.

6473-gluing-1x4-face-board-onto-base-casters.jpg

Look at the base for the keezer. I used pocket screws to secure the outter frame, and left over bed slats to make the cross braces. Cheap 1"x4"s were used to spruce up the exterior. 2" casters from Home Depot finished it off.

6476-stc-100-temperature-controller-box.jpg

The infamous e-bay aquarium temperature controller.

6477-completed-keezer-open-lid.jpg

Shot of the nearly completed keezer with a 120VAC case fan on the lid to keep the air circulating.

6479-finished-keezer-firemans-4-tap-handle-huge-thanks-my-wife-baby.jpg

Finished product with the shiny new Fireman's 4 tap handle.

Pretty basic. Will be adding one or two more taps in the future. I failed to show pics of the foam board insulation I added to the interior of the collar.

Thanks to all who have posted in the past, your info was a great help. Hoping to have beer in this bad boy before the Super Bowl!

Back