Multi-temp Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badhabit

Reaction score
I have been trying to decide if and how I can build a keezer that will have two or more chambers with different temps in each chamber. The idea is to be able to lager and or ferment in one chamber while at the same time using the second chamber to serve cornies out of. That means one chamber would have to be temp controllable between about 50 and 35 F while the second chamber would stay constant at about 45 to 48 F. At one point I thought I had seen a build like this somewhere but can not find it anywhere now. Any help or ideas would be great!

I would probably build something along those lines...:

Find where the cold air is coming from in the freezer, and isolate that part of the keezer (the colder side) from the other part (the warmer side) using styrofoam.

Install a small computer fan along with a "flap" (to prevent thermal currents) that is activated by a thermal switch/controller and another vent to let the extra air run out of the warmer side, also with a flap.

Install a thermal switch/controller to control the colder side by turning the keezer on/off.

Should work fine. The fan may turn on when the colder side is NOT on, and that's ok, as it'll do a heat/cold exchange and get it to turn on.

Worth a shot and shouldn't be too pricey.

M_C

Thinking of doing something similar but with the 2nd chamber outside the keezer and fed with cold air via a fan and duct system. This is, of course, after I have a keezer to build off of...

Thinking of doing something similar but with the 2nd chamber outside the keezer and fed with cold air via a fan and duct system. This is, of course, after I have a keezer to build off of...

There is lots of help for that type of build in the DIY section of this site.

Latest posts

Back