Country music's fixation on ICE COLD BEER

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee, let's see, country music tends to be identified with/originating in the south, where the temp is usually HOTTER than in the North in summer, I wonder if it could simple be, that there's SOMETHING REFRESHING, and ICE COLD thirst quenching beer on a hot day? Same with baseball in the summer, where in that instance, personally I'd rather have an ice cold pilsner/lager than a warm/room temperature stout any day.

Sometimes the answer is the obvious. ;)

Thank you sir.

I like my beer cold and my women hot and will not apolagize for it. If the rest of these guys wanna drink warm beer fine have at it, but not this redneck.

I love country music but Nashville country blows anymore, I listen to red dirt country only.

One of the greatest things about music is that it, like beer, is a subject that somehow magically every single person is more of an authority than anyone else.

I never really liked Nirvana. I am certain that statement gave at least one person a nosebleed.

I gave country another try a few years back. Turned on the radio and heard some guy singing about how Bubba shot the jukebox. I guess it played a sad song and it made him cry. So he went to the pickup and got his .45. Bubba shot the jukebox... Last night!

Can you blame me for not going back??

Let me just make a leap and guess that you hate RAP.

Does that mean that you need to be well informed about the different styles and rappers?

Didn't think so.:drunk:

i don't hate rap. there are some artists that I will gladly listen too that fall under the rap genre. guess again.

And let me ask you this, how does someone having an opinion on something make them ignorant? Perhaps what you meant is that people who don't share your opinion of country music are ignorant?

its not the opinion that makes him ignorant. Its the fact that he wasn't even correct in matching the artist with the song with which he casts judgement, but feels that the judgement is nevertheless still valid. i don't give a rat's arse if you like country or not.

i don't hate rap. there are some artists that I will gladly listen too that fall under the rap genre. guess again.

That is great, but you missed my point.

Take something that you do hate.....got one? Is it a requirement that you spend hours researching and getting to know something that you are 100% certain is devoid of value?

Knock yourself out.

I understood what you were getting at... You can enjoy country and be intelligent. :mug:

Take something that you do hate.....got one? Is it a requirement that you spend hours researching and getting to know something that you are 100% certain is devoid of value?

I hate bananas, I'm not going to tell someone talking about peaches that apples have no nutritional value. that would serve no purpose. Apples and peaches are both fruit. Toby Keith and Trace Adkins are both country musicians. But neither are the same.

Knock yourself out.

right back at ya chief :ban:

Knock yourself out.

If you want to claim you are 100% certain that something is devoid of value, then yes, you'd better do a lot of research. If you just want to believe or think something is devoid of value, then no. :D

Yeah I said it wrong. I should have said "something you don't care for".

OK bananas! In order to state that bananas are not interesting, do you need to be well versed on the different types of bananas, where they come from, their genus, species, phylum, favorite beach boys song?

No. Why would you?

Neither do I need to know the difference between Garth Brooks, Trace Adkins, Tanya Tucker, etc.

They are all the same for all I care, I hate the whining fiddles and sappy lyrics.

"But this type of banana is slightly different than this type!!!"

We don't care, do we?

I hate bananas, I'm not going to tell someone talking about peaches that apples have no nutritional value. that would serve no purpose. Apples and peaches are both fruit. Toby Keith and Trace Adkins are both country musicians. But neither are the same.

Maybe to your cultured country ear Trace Adkins and Toby Keith are as different as apples and peaches, but to most of the country disliking/uninitiated they're both apples. Different types of Apples, but still apples. It'd be like someone saying, "Apples are crappy. Take this red delicious apple here. It's terrible!" and then me saying, "HA! That's a mcintosh apple! Your opinion is invalid!"

aygov said:
Maybe to your cultured country ear Trace Adkins and Toby Keith are as different as apples and peaches, but to most of the country disliking/uninitiated they're both apples. Different types of Apples, but still apples. It'd be like someone saying, "Apples are crappy. Take this red delicious apple here. It's terrible!" and then me saying, "HA! That's a mcintosh apple! Your opinion is invalid!"

I can tell the difference between a peach and an apple. Toby Keith and Trace Adkins are two fruits I can't tell the difference between. Calm down. I don't know which one is Big and which one is Rich either! Oh, the ignorance!

I can tell the difference between a peach and an apple. Toby Keith and Trace Adkins are two fruits I can't tell the difference between. Calm down. I don't know which one is Big and which one is Rich either! Oh, the ignorance!

Wait, one of them is big and the other is rich? Damnit, I guess I'm ignorant too.

They say that I'm ill mannered, that I'm gonna self distruct, but if you know what I'm thinking, you'll know that pop country really sucks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Expired at a bad time. December drained me dry. Should be back up the 15th. Unfortunately I have to have priorities......dammit.

Miss Labby?;)

Back