how to fix a loose perlick tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattCharleston

Reaction score
this may be old news, but I have searched for this and didn't see much, other than Perlicks have loose taps and that's a fact of life. However, I just took the top piece off of my tap that came with my kit from beverage factory and put it on top of my perlick and bam, 12" tap handle here I come. Not super smooth, but I'm glad to see my big ole handle back. Hope this helps at least one other noobie.

Don't understand your thread. You saying that you removed the small black plastic handle which came which your taps and screwed in your old one?

Sounds like you just increased the friction by using a different part. The part underneath that is for adjusting the handle's friction.

You just need to tighten the knurled cap that is right on top of the faucet where the lever comes out, that tightens it up so it has more resistance with the bigger handle on it.

I turned that as tight as i could manage, but it still felt a little floppy with a big ole 12" tap handle on there. So I took the piece above it off and replaced it with the one from my cheap tap....a few beers deep, and i'm feelin like it's the "wrong kinda friction." may just switch back to short tap handle. It's a great upgrade regardless, much better faucet than the one that came with the kegerator kit

Back