Just bought a Kegerator... Need your help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgrayson726

Reaction score
So I bought a kegerator off of craigslist for 100 dollars. This came with a FULL 20 lb Steel CO2 tank, a dual regulator, tap, etc. It also came with a torpedo keg. Can I keg in this? It looks like a commercial keg sort of tap (if that makes sense). How would I go about putting my own beer in it? If there is another topic where it answers this question, please can you post that topic? I'm in sort of a rush right now trying to get some HW done before midnight. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

So I bought a kegerator off of craigslist for 100 dollars. This came with a FULL 20 lb Steel CO2 tank, a dual regulator, tap, etc. It also came with a torpedo keg. Can I keg in this? It looks like a commercial keg sort of tap (if that makes sense). How would I go about putting my own beer in it? If there is another topic where it answers this question, please can you post that topic? I'm in sort of a rush right now trying to get some HW done before midnight. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Dont know what a torpedo keg is but if you brew in 5 gallon batches, I would just convert it over to corny kegs. There is a thread posted tonite about a vendor that has pin locks for 12 bucks each. which is a great price for them.

A torpedo keg is a 5 gallon commercial keg. I assume that I can't keg my beers in one of those, but I was wondering if it was possible. Any idea on how much it would cost (ballpark) to convert it to work for a corney keg? It's set up for commercial kegs at the moment

About 11 dollars for diconnects then add 12 for the corney... some people keg in sankes but Im not sure what process they use, Im sure there are some threads about it here somewhere

Back