Adding longer beer line to picnic tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

29thfloor

Reaction score
I've been using a picnic tap with 3' of beer line and getting a lot of foam so I bought 10' of line and now I can't figure out how to switch it. Can I just pull the picnic tap off the end

Sent that before I was done... I'm assuming I can just pull the tap off and put it on a longer line.

the quick disconnect end has a hose clamp but there's no screw, it's just crimped on there. Any way to use that on a new tube or will I need another hose clamp?

[...]the quick disconnect end has a hose clamp but there's no screw, it's just crimped on there. Any way to use that on a new tube or will I need another hose clamp?

That's an Oetiker clamp

images

They're not easily reusable, but it's been done. I'd pick up some new ones or go with stainless worm clamps...

Cheers!

get 3/16" tubing dip one end in boiling water for a few seconds and shove it onto the picnic tap before it cools down. Once it cools down itll be a really good seal

After heating the tube you can put some needle nose pliers in the end and stretch the opening out a bit. This make it super easy to get the tap into the hose.

I ended up just getting a new hose clamp for the quick disconnect end. I guess a hose clamp on the picnic tap end isn't necessary (it didn't have one on the shorter hose either)?

I ended up just getting a new hose clamp for the quick disconnect end. I guess a hose clamp on the picnic tap end isn't necessary (it didn't have one on the shorter hose either)?

Most picnic taps have a seriously tight fit. I don't even bother using one on mine, as the connector on the tap expands quite a bit over its length. Took forever to even get the beer line ON the thing. I can't imagine how it would ever come off.

Back