Carb. Bottle question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjmeldrum

Reaction score
I bottled my beer last week and I have two different sizes. 12oz and 16oz I cracked the 12 oz the other day and it was carbed. So i wantedt to drink the 16oz bottles so i threw them in the fridge. They werent carbed when I opened them later. I took them out of the fridge and but them back in the storage area. Do you think it will do anything to the carbing process if they got cold befor it was done? I dont think so but I didnt know the answer and I cant find it in any of my books. Thanks any advice:mug:

Chilling will have caused most of the yeast to drop out of suspension, so you may want to rouse them with a little gentle agitation. Don't shake em' up, just a few tilts ought to do it.

Try to leave them at room temperature for at least 3 weeks. Once you do chill them again, allow at least 24 hours in the fridge to let the yeast drop and to allow the Co2 to dissolve into the beer.

Back