What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not too sure.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399856963.477636.jpg

Goose Island The Illinois- not bad. Not real into it for a IIPA. And a Sucha Much. New Canned stuff from Kalona Brewing. Kinda blew me away, particularly the aroma, for some localish stuff. Impressive. Bit of an overly bitter finish but I can handle that in a good 7% ipa that's just my size.

Nice! Last time I went to JK, I had Das Wunderkind conditioned with mango juice. Was so awesome. I wish they bottled it that way.

That's the third JK I've bought, but first one I've drunk (gave out two others in trades/eMAWs). Gotta try some more of their stuff, that one was really good.

A nice Bell's Porter.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399859213.160622.jpg

Pretty delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

You don't know wood until you get a bunch of parents without their children!

Er, sounds kinky

Just had DC's Scotch Ale. Not too familiar with the style, but it was good. A bit overcarbed, but after swirling some of the CO2 out of suspension it was smooth and tasty.

2nd to last First Gold Burton ESB. I will semi-miss this when shes gone. Photo not available due to laziness. Yeah its been one of those kind of days. Think I deserve it, worked my ass off Saturday. Ill consider it earned.

Sigh.... That was mine. PM me later, I will make it right. I had an ESB bottle split in half a while back too... I think I need to stop reusing bottles 18 times. good thing I am on my way to kegging, isn't it?

It's all good. I'm only upset because i wanted to drink it. Based on your other brews, I was really looking forward to this one.

It's all good. We'll have to do another t trade soon.

HB Pale Ale from the first BIAB batch. I think the carb is about right on this one. Need to ditch the internet for the rest of the night. Life lessons for the preteen. So this is my nightcap. Good night and Happy Mother's Day!

DSC04705.jpg

Er, sounds kinky

Just had DC's Scotch Ale. Not too familiar with the style, but it was good. A bit overcarbed, but after swirling some of the CO2 out of suspension it was smooth and tasty.

I seem to do that with beers. Need to start adding less sugar than I think. I purged the keg a few times to get the CO2 out its better. Still haven't mastered bottle conditioning yet lol

Glad you enjoyed it. Still needs some tweaking

Damn Ryan...I'm going away for business for 3 days. Be back on Thursday. Plan to crack that one and a few more of Remmy's. Can't friggin wait!!!!

Sounds like a nice lineup!

Do I have one of those?

IKD, you have whatever I sent. I cant remember :drunk:

View attachment 198928does anybody else think this taste slightly like blue cheese but not in a bad way

prestige worldwide, bungs and holes

I think its straight tangerine flavor.

Sawtooth Nitro. Pretty Shure I just hate nitro now, flat/watery I just don't get it. Meh bad idea. Ill take the original.

My phone's batteries died, so unfortunately no pics. Today some friends and I enjoyed some beers. It ended up being pretty much all hoppy beers today:

Great Lakes Burning River
Great Lakes Chillwave DIPA
Cigar City Jai Alai
Alpine Duet
Hill Farmstead Citra Pale

Er, sounds kinky

Umm....
Wild, Not wood. Damn Autocorrect

It's all good. I'm only upset because i wanted to drink it. Based on your other brews, I was really looking forward to this one.

It's all good. We'll have to do another t trade soon.

I am down with that. I even have a couple of browns left.

Coffee.

Coffee soon. Being back in my office means I am upstairs so lazy me hasn't even gone down to get coffee. The pup is sleeping in as usual. *****. :p

Damn! Luckily it was only one bottle. I forgot I even had this. It was a trade from a few months ago from either splattsmier or banesong. I was really looking forward to drinking this one too. For what it's worth, it made the kitchen smell great! Wish I could've drank this one.

Wow. Luckily it was contained.

I got that same beer from bane but it turned out to be ok - a little over-carbed, but no bomb. The Pliny clone he sent me, however, gushed and tasted infected. I gave it a go and took a few sips but I had no choice but to pour it out afterward. :( Was totally looking forward to that beer.

bane, my only guess is you may have some funky stuff in your bottling bucket/wand? These things happen but I am hoping you can find the cause just in case it's your equipment. Those are cheap to replace.

Would love to trade again at some point soon and send you some of my new stuff. :mug:

Finishing second mug of coffee after mother's day pit BBQ,workin on car,kids cutting grass & Runin' a bit. Not to mention,1 Rebel IPA & 3-4 SNPA's too boot. My left hip is killing me from that stiffer clutch in the Mustang GT we bought for middle sun. The old gray dudes,they ain't what they used to be...:(

Back