Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is shredding season, first off, what you are seing is my living room at about 5am
when i saw it at 10 pm the evening before it was spotless clean

they tore the living room to pieces........

View attachment 579419
Clearly it's the cat's fault. A dog would never do that.
I feel really lucky that my guys never destroyed anything other than stuffies once they moved beyond the puppy stage. They were big and could get rowdy at times and no knick-knacks were safe from their wagging tails unless they were at least 3 feet off the floor but all in all they rarely broke anything. Besides the constant hair tumbleweeds around my house the worst thing was dealing with the slingers. Newfoundland drool a lot especially after they drink water and they also have a habit of shaking their heads after they drink, at least all 3 of the Newfs I've had over the years did, and when they did they would sling drool everywhere. On the walls, on the furniture, on the tv screen. I've even found slingers hanging from the ceiling like slimy icicles. But other than wishing they had much longer lives I wouldn't change a thing.

21F94B7A-E79C-4F10-AF2A-9C459883B95F.jpeg

Ranger. A mutt known by science as “Dangerous Rangerous”. Pit mixed with black lab. Very smart, but ADHD just like my kid. Very food driven but won’t touch his bowl without permission and still 100% puppy.

I saw the picture of Ranger and said. get the stick!! good buy, get the stick !!

He also wants to be a plumber when he grows up. His favorite toy in the backyard is a 10’ stick of 4” pvc. I’ll try a get a pic.

Love this!

where I live it is gut wrenching, the AH city folk come out to the country and drop off the family pet when they are finished with it, when the new wears off, They think we locals will feed and provide them with homes, The truth is, the coyote population usually eats them the first night or they starve to death, domestic dogs look for a food bowl that is not their and want to play with the bunny rabbits. [food]

where I live it is gut wrenching, the AH city folk come out to the country and drop off the family pet when they are finished with it, when the new wears off, They think we locals will feed and provide them with homes, The truth is, the coyote population usually eats them the first night or they starve to death, domestic dogs look for a food bowl that is not their and want to play with the bunny rabbits. [food]

Thank you for helping out where you can.

18423804_1888283118080785_1083017137237672163_n.jpg
LOL SOTA POP USED TO TRASH THE HOUSE AND BRING EVERY PILLOW IN THE HOUSE INTO MY ROOM AND HUMP THEM , THEN HE STOPED WHEN I BROUGHT SARALEE HOME

Last edited:
It's been a tough week for Gino. On the plus side it's been 13 months since he got diagnosed with cancer when they gave him 2 months to live, but it seems like it's starting to catch up with him.

His back legs have stopped working entirely and his tumor is about 6 inches in diameter on his head which is probably why he is deaf and mostly blind.

Still, he seems happy. He hangs out in the kids room, somehow drags himself over to eat, and manages to bite me every time I pick him out to go outside (he has always hated getting picked up since I got him).

So, life goes on. I just hope he will let me know when we've reached the end of the road so I don't have to decide on my own...

IMG_20180801_164119.jpg

It's been a tough week for Gino. On the plus side it's been 13 months since he got diagnosed with cancer when they gave him 2 months to live, but it seems like it's starting to catch up with him.

His back legs have stopped working entirely and his tumor is about 6 inches in diameter on his head which is probably why he is deaf and mostly blind.

Still, he seems happy. He hangs out in the kids room, somehow drags himself over to eat, and manages to bite me every time I pick him out to go outside (he has always hated getting picked up since I got him).

So, life goes on. I just hope he will let me know when we've reached the end of the road so I don't have to decide on my own...View attachment 581755

I’m only 40 and have already had three puppies/dogs put down. Everyone of them a best friend. Sucks.

So, life goes on. I just hope he will let me know when we've reached the end of the road so I don't have to decide on my own...

View attachment 581755

They are amazing friends. Enjoy the time and give him a pat from me (some random internet dude).

Gino passed away yesterday. He was a good dog.
So sorry to hear this and truth be told my eyes are tearing up as I type this.
I have a beer here with me and raising my glass to Gino and his owners.

We love them while they're here and cry like babies when we lose them. (and sometimes we cry when others lose theirs)

Back