Fellowship of the Drink III: The Return of the (beer) kings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FFS, I was in a hurry yesterday to get my pic and offer done, and I completely missed a beer. My offer includes the Troeg's Splinter glass, but doesn't include a splinter beer. I had intended to offer a Barrel Aged Flying Mouflan, https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/694/151124/ , but it was forgotten in my cellar. It will be accompanying the other 4 beers, I promise. I'll resubmit a corrected pic to cegan09 after dinner.

And perhaps a bonus beer, or two, since that seems to be popular this time around. Especially since I'm a *******. ;)

Thanks, again, for the kind words on my purty pikshurs! I had to work a bit to get the one for this round! It's still not as perfect as I'd like... anyway!
SIDE OFFER!!!
If anyone can tell me the make and model of the vehicle the picture was taken on, I'll send you a crowler and a glass as well. [emoji16]

I tried but you have mad skills. Too good actually. Next round you must produce photography properly wasted.... ;)

And I want to say it is a Chevy.. two tone hard top makes me want to say Bel Air top choice. But it could be a Corvair or Chevette

Thanks, again, for the kind words on my purty pikshurs! I had to work a bit to get the one for this round! It's still not as perfect as I'd like... anyway!
SIDE OFFER!!!
If anyone can tell me the make and model of the vehicle the picture was taken on, I'll send you a crowler and a glass as well. [emoji16]

Ha!

SIDE OFFER!!!

As it likely has electric lights it is just a used car to me.... But for guessing sake. It is a flocced over rebuild dodge rustang.

Ok, so for sunday. As a newbie to round 2 I was a little confused going in. So for any first timers this round, it goes like this:

Just before 2pm (eastern) on sunday I'll generate the pick order with a random number generator. If I get picked first again I'll use a generator to pick a number between 2 and 23 and swap places with that person.

Then starting at 2, the first person will get 10 minutes to post their pick. As soon as they do the next person is up with 10 minutes to pick. (we move on as soon as a pick is made, not on a 10 minute set schedule). If you miss your turn and have not given me a pick list before hand, you go to the back of the line (sorry, thems the rules).

If you think you may not be around for the live selections just send me a list of your pick order. If your time slot runs out I'll just select the next available offer on your list and you don't lose your place in line.

Periodically I'll post updated lists of which offers are still available so it's easier to keep track of what's been picked.

Now go forth and agonize over your pick lists.

Ok, so for sunday. As a newbie to round 2 I was a little confused going in. So for any first timers this round, it goes like this:

Just before 2pm (eastern) on sunday I'll generate the pick order with a random number generator. If I get picked first again I'll use a generator to pick a number between 2 and 23 and swap places with that person.

Then starting at 2, the first person will get 10 minutes to post their pick. As soon as they do the next person is up with 10 minutes to pick. (we move on as soon as a pick is made, not on a 10 minute set schedule). If you miss your turn and have not given me a pick list before hand, you go to the back of the line (sorry, thems the rules).

If you think you may not be around for the live selections just send me a list of your pick order. If your time slot runs out I'll just select the next available offer on your list and you don't lose your place in line.

Periodically I'll post updated lists of which offers are still available so it's easier to keep track of what's been picked.

Now go forth and agonize over your pick lists.

I wonder though if we need to wait the 10 minutes if someone sent a list and isn't active in the thread at the time. Just a thought.

SIDE OFFER!!!

If I had to guess Lou, you used my growlers for that pic......yet no glass arrived with my package :D

PS- whoever pics @afro_lou the green rest IPA is on point!!!!! Thanks buddy!

PSS- I think I'm disqualified from Lou's game since I've seen pics :(

Since there's mention of side trades...

I just chipped the floccing glass I had for this trade, so will be heading to Troeg's this weekend for a new one. While I'm there, I'll happily pick stuff up for any of the participants of previous FOTD's that are interested in an additional trade. I've done some side trading with some of you, and would be happy to continue that tradition.

Recommended:

Hops:
  • Nugget Nectar, Blizzard of Hops, Barrel Aged Mouflan, Perpetual IPA
Non-hops:
  • Java Head, Troegenator, Mad Elf, Jovial

Message me if interested, likely trip is lunchtime Sunday. Will grab glassware, or swag, for you, also, if you want it.

ISO: Non-sour beer. I'm easy like that.

Back by popular demand.. my draft day offer board. I hope someone finds it useful!

(in no particular order)

Fellowship III Offers.jpg

Good guesses so far!
Ok, one hint (for now):
Not a domestic vehicle

Also, @PatrickGoss: how the flocc did you guess one of my OTHER cars not even remotely in the pic!!??? Maybe next round I'll stage the beer on the Dodge Rustang ('67 Dart)

And yes, @EcuPirate07 ! Excellent deducing, Watson! Indeed the very same crowlers! I promise it was cold af outside, so they were just as cold as they were in the fridge [emoji6]
No disqualification, though! I have not sent you a pic of the car!

Man you're killing me. Cars are my first and largest hobby, and I've been staring at that picture all day. I hope you give the answer if no one guesses.

Oh I will! I know the picture doesn't give much in the way of hints, so maaaybe I'll post a slightly wider version later tomorrow [emoji6]

Well damn... that's nearly close enough! Although, I wouldn't be caught dead in one of those fuel injected monstrosities.

How off was I? I didn't think any of the 240s came with off color windshield surrounds, which is why I said 280.

unless i'm completely off with a Z guess.

Only about 3-6 years! [emoji1]

Silver surrounds on windows/windshields did carry through all Zs.

VERY well played. The only clues I saw in that picture were the silver windshield trim and MAYBE the wiper blades. I actually hoped that the hood profile would come through in the picture a little better, which would've been a dead giveaway.
Anyway, officially, it's a 1972 240Z. I'll try to get a wider perspective tomorrow.

I did NOT think it would go that fast [emoji1]

you sir, have great taste in cars as well as beer. I thought the whole A-pillar was silver from that picture. But I see how it's just the surround. I knew that a few of the 280s came with silver A-pillars.

The hood was hard to tell. I wasn't sure if there was a bulge in the center or if that was a trick of the light.

Great taste in beer, great taste in cars, and awesome photo skills, I tip my cap to you sir.

Thank you! I do enjoy some vintage vehicles. But really, my hat (if I could wear one) is off to you! Your vehicular knowledge is nearly encyclopedic, especially since you picked it with such an obscure picture! I planned on at least 2 more rounds of hints and another picture before anyone started honing in on it...
I almost said no to your guess, but the a-pillars (and even the hood bulge) carried through all years of Z cars, so it's not like there were many other distinguishing features, other than maaaaybe the wipers. But so many of these were modified or customized by their original owners, it's very hard to pick out factory vs. dealer installed options.

Anyway, I'll let you know when I'm heading over to Fieldwork and what's the latest on tap! Hopefully there's something you'll like! [emoji16][emoji106]

I'll join the arms race, and add this to my offer. I'll update my picture in a little while.

Edit: it will be a Birthday Bomb!

Only about 3-6 years! [emoji1]

Silver surrounds on windows/windshields did carry through all Zs.

VERY well played. The only clues I saw in that picture were the silver windshield trim and MAYBE the wiper blades. I actually hoped that the hood profile would come through in the picture a little better, which would've been a dead giveaway.
Anyway, officially, it's a 1972 240Z. I'll try to get a wider perspective tomorrow.

I did NOT think it would go that fast [emoji1]

I love this game. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1485021900.910027.jpg

So I've been staring at this all day... and googling like mad...

I'm thinking it's teens or early 20's.
Closest I could find was a Maxwell 4 cylinder, but not a 6 (unless that's a twin-ignition 3???).

Looks fun, though! Nice upholstery in the background.

Damn! Although off on the car the beer is on, the car in the background is a 1910 model G Maxwell.

Hint: the car with the beer is a 1915 from a company in the same state.

Well, I got my choices submitted. VERY tough to choose between them all. I am sure I won't be disappointed. I don't think there are any beers in the other offers that are available to me here. Looking forward to tomorrow's drawing!

That's getting to be well outside my range of knowledge, looks cool though.

Just a note, I updated the offer list with updates from Scturo and imasickboy in the last day.

Damn! Although off on the car the beer is on, the car in the background is a 1910 model G Maxwell.

Hint: the car with the beer is a 1915 from a company in the same state.

Wow! Uh, yeah! I totally knew it was a Maxwell in the background just from the seat... [emoji1]

Ok, I'm pretty sure it's a Studebaker then! Again, mainly thanks to google-fu. If I'm right (hell, even if I'm wrong!) very cool car! That has to be a blast!
Oh, so what are the little valve looking thingys inline with the spark plugs?

Ok, at the risk of turning this into the "Name That Car By Its Engine" thread:
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1485047039.697563.jpg
[emoji16]

Wow! Uh, yeah! I totally knew it was a Maxwell in the background just from the seat... [emoji1]

Ok, I'm pretty sure it's a Studebaker then! Again, mainly thanks to google-fu. If I'm right (hell, even if I'm wrong!) very cool car! That has to be a blast!

View attachment 385684
[emoji16]

Get the model and a beer shipment is yours!

Those are the rules of this side game aren't they?

The valve looking things.... Some call them compression release, some call them primer cups. Both names are self explanatory.

Ah! That does make sense! Those are what led me to the 'aughts. They don't seem to show up in engine design much after that.
Again, great car!

View attachment 385684
[emoji16]

You guys are in another galaxy than me on cars, but just for kicks I'll guess vintage MG or Bugatti

You guys are in another galaxy than me on cars, but just for kicks I'll guess vintage MG or Bugatti

Excellent guess! It is one of those [emoji6]
Crowler and a glass for you too if you can narrow it down! [emoji16]

Back