What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee. More frozen crap on the ground. I would like to go ahead and endorse the 2014 Ford Focus as perhaps the most ice capable vehicle I've ever driven. Thsng handles slick spit like nobody's bidness.

Do all you easterners call it a supermarket? Us rednecks just call it Wal-Mart!

Supermarket, yeah... or Wegmans. I'd never buy food from Target/Wal-mart. Can't wait for the farmers markets to open up again. Nothing beats picking out fresh food on a Sunday morning.

Supermarket, yeah... or Wegmans. I'd never buy food from Target/Wal-mart. Can't wait for the farmers markets to open up again. Nothing beats picking out fresh food on a Sunday morning.

Agreed on both counts.

Coffee with some flavored creamer. This hotel is grim.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1425564708.183757.jpg

DFW has the most canceled flights in the world today according to local news. Only hope is that mine is late enough that they'll have everything cleaned up by then.

Brew day.

I wish. Unfortunately for telecommuters there are no snow days. Unless power goes out. And it might. To the company router at least :)

Woke up on Monday to ants surrounding a half full glass of soda pop. That is a first, the ants, not the half full glass of anything. Usually means I passed out on the couch and just got up and went to bed. Wednesday I found some around the dog bowl and my pantry, which really pissed me off. I pay for a service but the water/ice/rain we're dealing with is likely pushing these critters inside for refuge. Guy was here at 8:15 am this morning to spray. Trying to avoid inside treatment because of my fermenters...that is really the only concern I have.
/ramble

Ants can be almost harder than mice to get rid of. I perimeter spray all the time to keep them out (luckily right now they are all frozen up here :) )

Picking out fresh food on a Saturday morning when we have our farmers market? :ban:

More coffee. Then I may decide to bake something fat and decadent. :)

Do all you easterners call it a supermarket? Us rednecks just call it Wal-Mart!

Tea.

I've only been on the east coast 6 years, I called it a market or supermarket back in So. Cal. I got looks for sure, but for some reason that is what I referred to it as. I'll say grocery store as well though. Wal-Mart is Wal-Mart, always. Or the place where I go to let my soul die. Target is also Target, regardless of what they sell. AKA the place where I can go and decide I need 50 more home decor items but I walk out with a video game instead.

I wish. Unfortunately for telecommuters there are no snow days. Unless power goes out. And it might. To the company router at least :)

Ants can be almost harder than mice to get rid of. I perimeter spray all the time to keep them out (luckily right now they are all frozen up here :) )

Yeah, I telecommute and it has to be a power outage or I don't get snow days or weather delays. Ants suck. While I do have a service, twice a year I spread Amdro Ant Block around the perimeter of the house. I swear by it and when my neighbors had ants that wouldn't quit, I told them about that and it quickly ended their issue. I did the best I could to spread that stuff yesterday and the treatment today and the one they're doing next week again will likely fix this issue for now. It has to be the ground that is overly saturated. I haven't had an ant problem in over 6 years.

Fatness and coffee for breakfast on a snow day off:ban:

IMG_6052.jpg

AKA the place where I can go and decide I need 50 more home decor items but I walk out with a video game instead.

Thanks to that store, my wife owns every movie known to man... she also buys storage systems from there, to store our other storage equipment in that she bought there. That store needs to go away. She did organize my brewing equipment for me while I was out getting lit last weekend though. Now I don't lose my capper every time I go to bottle.

Thanks to that store, my wife owns every movie known to man... she also buys storage systems from there, to store our other storage equipment in that she bought there. That store needs to go away. She did organize my brewing equipment for me while I was out getting lit last weekend though. Now I don't lose my capper every time I go to bottle.

Hopefully also storage systems for the movies too? And have you capped since she organized the equipment? If not then you can't be sure you won't lose that capper! :D

Big, big difference. At least between the people at the supermarket versus Walmart. :D

Most people just call it the store. Grocery store if you want to be formal.

I used to work at Wal-Mart and to this day I swear it's a different breed of people that shop there. I don't know where they hide or what type of special Area 51 compound the government keeps them in, but it's a sad place full of cigarettes, pajamas, and toothless grins.

Most people just call it the store. Grocery store if you want to be formal.

I used to work at Wal-Mart and to this day I swear it's a different breed of people that shop there. I don't know where they hide or what type of special Area 51 compound the government keeps them in, but it's a sad place full of cigarettes, pajamas, and toothless grins.

I worked at walmart too. Worst job i have ever had. If you want a laugh go to Wal-Mart late at night. Funny stuff. I got a pic on people of walmart site. Would of got more

Fly into BWI Sat PM but I could definitely handle getting stuck down here for an extra day.

The chop last night was brutal. I've never been on a flight with t h at many people getting sick.
Feels strange being sun burned with snow falling.
Drinking DnD coffee. Really wishing it was Kona lol

Hopefully also storage systems for the movies too? And have you capped since she organized the equipment? If not then you can't be sure you won't lose that capper! :D

Hah yes to both accounts. She uses an app on her tablet to look up movies she wants to watch and has them all alphabetized in sleeves in boxes. I can't complain, she puts up with me getting beer and starsan all over our house.

Bottled and kegged last night! First time I've had bottles on hand in a long time. Kinda feels good. The 2.5 gallon keg worked out perfectly for me. Uses much less room in fridge and left me with 22 bottles.

Hitting the coffee hard today. Ready for the weekend.

You say your picture is on POW and you can't post or link it here?:p

Found it!! :ban::rockin:

2399.jpg

I work out in automotive. This a-hole came in. He got out of this vehicle with a beer in his hand. He told us we can help ourselves to a beer just leave on for him. This is the back of his truck. Front half with beer cans and as you can see at the bottom of the pick there are water jugs filled with yellow liquid.. I still remember this as$. Though that is not the craziest story I have from that dysfunctional company. Also this was Huntsville, TX. More prisoners than residents.:D

Coff #3.

Oil Truck flipped onto its side down someone's driveway on my road.

10987374_1050042428345508_6744026812522891088_n.jpg

10403594_1050042388345512_6813605965045946269_n.jpg

Saw a dump truck run a vehicle off the road yesterday. He got in the middle lane to turn right. He had his blinker but the car behind him wanted to pass. That poor mazda bounced in and out a ditch. The truck driver didnt even stop or care. Crazy.

2399.jpg

I work out in automotive. This a-hole came in. He got out of this vehicle with a beer in his hand. He told us we can help ourselves to a beer just leave on for him. This is the back of his truck. Front half with beer cans and as you can see at the bottom of the pick there are water jugs filled with yellow liquid.. I still remember this as$. Though that is not the craziest story I have from that dysfunctional company. Also this was Huntsville, TX. More prisoners than residents.:D

I didn't know @psylocide lived in TX.

Safely at my desk with my coffee, after cruising around on this in an ancient Chevy Express. Not gonna lie, it was fun.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1425568739.875245.jpg

2399.jpg

But you said that "your" picture was there, disapointed:D

Some. But not a ridiculous amount.

I found the story. It's actually funny to see the quote from the Standard Oil guy saying oil truck wrecks are rare. A quick google search suggested they're not incredibly rare, there was one on the 23rd of February in fact and it tipped over just like the one on your road.

I don't get how they mop up oil using special pads in the snow. hah

In other news, don't pray over fajitas. Now I want fajitas.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...urned-by-fajitas-cant-sue-applebees/24403053/

Man I am not a fan of Applebee's, their practices are disgusting (at least around here) and their food is dreadful. However, attempting to sue because you burned yourself because you weren't warned? Those skillets are designed to come out making a stupid amount of noise so other people notice and want to purchase them as well. Ignorant.

Side note...

"An attorney for Jimenez, Richard Wiener of Conshohocken, declined to comment. A lawyer for Applebee's could not be reached." - This poor guy.

One more coffee and a trip to the machine shop to harass some welders.

I found the story. It's actually funny to see the quote from the Standard Oil guy saying oil truck wrecks are rare. A quick google search suggested they're not incredibly rare, there was one on the 23rd of February in fact and it tipped over just like the one on your road.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...urned-by-fajitas-cant-sue-applebees/24403053/

Dumb **** from NJ, ****ing lawyers will sue for anything, the bane of this once great country.

Tribute to Mr Spock,
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/death-of-star-trek-spock-inspires-canadians-creative-currency/

While they look cool I think doing that would really mess with my head.

Sure, it would take a bit to get used to maybe. I just hate our currency. Spending a few days in Canada on our honeymoon made me realize it. I always thought Canadian currency was stupid until I had a wallet full of it, color-coordinated and a pocket full of dollar coins. It was great. God only knows how much money I've wasted just giving away change because I don't want pennies/nickels and dimes.

Did a trade with @mcbaumannerb and got this great beer. Tastes very similar to the Nugget SMaSH I did a couple years ago. Nugget has a very distinctive taste. It's slightly overcarbed, but other than that, the only bad thing I can say about it is that I only have one.

_DSC4053.jpg

Those pads are pretty cool. Dont absorb water, only oils.

And I am going to have to call my mom. She told me that praying never hurt anyone when I was a kid. She lied!

Latest posts

Back