Turbo Tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think any homebrewer has them. You should see the price tag on them.
I have seen them in action at Wrigley Field and they are pretty impressive.

I was just on the websight and $179 for the kit!! That is rediculous for all that stuff. I really do not need the thermometer and glycol thermometer for my stuff at home. I will be passing on this expensive mod

I dont think people like us need top pour a beer in 10 seconds for $200. Great idea for events/ stadiums, but not for us unless someone has a winning lottery ticket.

damn, but it pours a beer in 2 seconds! That video w/ the stouts was pretty sick, they all had a uniform, perfect head. But I still agree, excessive for the non-wealthy homebrewer.

I noticed my local micro puts a length of hose on the tap to fill growlers from the bottom up. What does this do differently? Do you cool the beer to 28 degrees? Plus crank up the pressure (you'd have to in order to get the pint out in 2 seconds) Then the aluminum..um..heat transfer...keeps end cold, preventing foam at point of fill??? I'll bet the server starts slowly, then opens it up full blast...

Anyway, I'll bet it ain't t just the nozzle on the end of the tap that let's you pour a pint in 2 seconds...

I hope they are not wasting virgins that way. But I thought beer drinkers would tend to be pastafarians.

casebrew said:
I hope they are not wasting virgins that way. But I thought beer drinkers would tend to be pastafarians.
Cthullu isn't really interested in virgins...pastafarians like them tho.
fsm_ninja.gif

My pop works at the University of Wisconsin in the Mechanical Engineering School and says he spoke with people who wored on some of the early proptotypes, He says that the device creates a vortext of some sort to speed the passage of fluid and release the pressure evenly throughout the process.

I don't know if that's accurate (I don't know Pop's sources) but that's how my father explained it to me.

I just saw this today, a little slow on the draw (pun not really intended)

I was wondering why they don't just have it be spring loaded like a bottle filler if they're already dipping the entire faucet into the beer . . .

I have one. It was a desperate (now embarrassing) attempt to control foam issues - an expensive solution to a simple problem before I knew ANYTHING about draft systems. It's in a drawer collecting dust.

I think they are a bad idea. I have seen bartenders grab your glass and fill the same glass back up. It's completely unsanitary. A beer tap should never touch the beer in the glass.

Back