Carriers for giving bottles to friends?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wbutler

Reaction score
Hey all, I've been lurking for a while but this is my first post. My roommate and I brew out of our house in Seattle... it's not Portland, but still excellent beer country. We brew extract and we've just started all-grain.

Like most, we do five gallon batches and keg into cornys. We found early on that we like to brew every 3-4 weeks, but we can't drink that much beer on our own, since we supplement homebrew with our favorite commercial kegs and outings to a Belgian beer bar within stumbling distance of our place. Therefore, about every six weeks, we throw a party, invite a bunch of people, and kill two kegs. Great, great fun.

As we've gotten more serious, we're thinking about trying to develop a small following amongst our friends. We're getting a CP filler and want to send bottles home with people in the hopes that they'll pass them around. What we need are cardboard bottle holders like the six-pack holders you get at the grocery store, but we only want them to be sized for four or ideally two bottles. Does anybody make something like this?

Prost,
Will

I just worked a brewfest and came home with a beer case PACKED with sixers and 4 packs (Ommegang and Weyerbacher Imp. Pumpkin were the 4s...)

I have looked all around and have never found blank 4 pack holders... But I am very content with the ones I got by recycling!

I just worked a brewfest and came home with a beer case PACKED with sixers and 4 packs (Ommegang and Weyerbacher Imp. Pumpkin were the 4s...)

I have looked all around and have never found blank 4 pack holders... But I am very content with the ones I got by recycling!

I recycle mine as well. A little spray paint and stencil work and you're good to go.

Eh pity. Thanks for the replies all the same. I'll post back if I find a good source but it sounds ike i should probably just raid a festival...

I've seen commercial beers in 4-packs, but I've never seen the carriers for sale, just the sixers.

However, before you go and by a CP filler, check out this:

BMBF

Eureka!

Pak it Products Cardboard Bottle Carriers for 4 Bottles

Unfortunately, the smallest quantity you can order is 200, so I'll have to think a bit on this one.

The growler idea definitely has merit, but you're pretty much limited to killing the whole thing in 48 hours. We want people to get used to having our beer around and popping one after work like you might a commercial brew.

Sweet..... I bookmarked this link. I can't say that I won't order these... Maybe I can get 2 or 3 other local brewers to split a 200 case.

Northern Brewer sell the 6 pack blank carriers for 1.05 each.

For the 4 pack carriers the cheapest your gonna find is $4+ for a 4 pack of Bud Select. $4+ is pretty steep for a carrier.

Back