Finished Fermentation, Now What?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThorH

Reaction score
I have a 5gallon batch of raspberry apple cider that just finished fermenting, I want to bottle it without carbonating it but am a little confused as to how this is done.

Can someone please explain the process I use in which to bottle a still cider? And please make it rather simple, I'm still learning all the terminology.

here ya go, this will take both of us less time and probably be the best way to describe the process

[ame=http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Bottle-Homemade-Beer-155853526]How to Bottle Homemade Beer Video[/ame]

and just in case . . .
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jedqmkws03I]BeerJuggs: How To Bottle Beer 1 of 6 - YouTube[/ame]

The videos were quite informative however, I'm looking to bottle a non-carbonated cider, is there a preferred way that people normally go about this that can be explained to me in simple terms?

You can bottle a non carbed cider in the same way as a carbed beer, only don't prime. If you are sure that it is still and done fermenting you could also cork in wine bottles. If you are looking for an easy method you could also just sanitize some pop bottles and put it in there and screw the cap on tight. Fliptop, cap in beer bottles, cork in wine bottles, put in pop bottles, you have many options what equipment/bottles due you have?

You need to siphon the cider into your bottles and cap or cork them. If you already racked (moved the cider from one carboy into another to get it off all the sediment) then there is very little difference other than you need to stop the siphon to move between bottles. The easiest way to do that is with a Bottling Wand. If you havent racked it... you might want to do that first.

The video in the link shows this fairly well, though if you have it in carboy and not a bucket with a tap you will need to start the siphon either manually (not recommented) or get an AutoSiphon. Between those two bits of equiptment it's really nice and easy.

I have a case or two of flip-top bottles that should do the trick, I wasn't sure if I could just put the finished cider straight into the bottles or not, or if I should put something in there. Thanks for the help, I'll put some pictures up of my set up here in a few days when I get a chance

Back