Mash filter ring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bosango

Reaction score
Greetings!

I came up with a way to securely attach the popular DIY mash filter (water heater supply line) to copper tubing without having to deal with the nasty frayed ends. I can't post photos here, but you can check them out in my post in the brewing discussion section on the Beersmith forum.

I slid two short sleeves of 3/4" copper tubing onto each end of the 24" stainless steel braid, fluxed up a 1/2" copper tee, slid an end of the tee into each end of the braid, added a little more flux, slid the collars over the braid ends, and then soldered it all up. Not sure if the circular design will cause any cleaning issues because it might be difficult to flush it out. I'm hoping that the flexibility of the braid will allow me to shake out any clogged grains.

Oh, and the Home Depot has 10 gal beverage coolers for $40 - cheaper than any place else I could find online or in town.

Cheers!

Back