Rack or Bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilkes777

Reaction score
Ok so iv left my turbo cider for about 10 days now and all the krausen has sank to the bottom and theres barely any activity in the airlock at all. So what i want to know now is what do i do :p I used cloudy apple juice so its cloudy, but if i was to just bottle it and put it in teh fridge would that be ok or is it not as simple as that? will it clear up if i leave it in the fridge for a while or should i leave it in the bottles for a while befor putting it in the fridge?

i just want to get it bottled and drink it :D

Regards

Wilkes

Leave it as is for a couple more weeks I'd say...

Have you taken any readings with a hydrometer?

10 Days is very fast for a cider...

Oh and Welcome :D

I'd personally wait some time too.

Drinking cloudy cider is alright to do. Most folks like it clear but cloudy is cool. I did want to mention though that regardless of what your juice looked like in the start that most ciders will clear with racking, enough time and/or some elbow grease. The answer is usually time but there are ways on clearing depending on the kind of haze you have.

I used cloudy apple juice so its cloudy,

I'd wait another month, then rack it off the gross lees. Don't forget a sample for hydrometer reading & taste when you rack it to secondary. Regards, GF.

Latest posts

Back