How Many HBT Forum Members Does It Take To Change a Light Bulb?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, my wife just got me a Mr Bulb kit for my birthday...I really love bulbs...can I make good bulbs with a mr bulb kit?

And how long will it be before my bulbs will be ready?

oh what's swmbo mean?

Hi, my wife just got me a Mr Bulb kit for my birthday...I really love bulbs...can I make good bulbs with a mr bulb kit?

And how long will it be before my bulbs will be ready?

oh what's swmbo mean?

Mr Revvy, your questions are nothing new to experienced illuminati like us here at HomeBulbTalk.com. To answer your first question I believe many people have had good results with Mr Bulb kits but I personally wouldn't use one to illuminate my dog's kennel. If you are serious about Bulbs you need to be manufacturing your own glass.

Your second question shows the standard impatience of the noob. It's something I like to call "noobitus". (Write that down.) If you switch on the bulbs too early the light will be decidedly green. If you try to impress your friends with it you may put them off homebulbing completely. Try to wait at least two days before trying your first.

Lastly, "swmbo" as everyone knows means "Silly Woman, Men's Bulbs Only"!

hahaahah you people are still making light bulbs? Solar is where it's at now, man. Totally green and non polluting.

There's only two types of bulbs, light and dark, who really needs to get more complicated than that?

You shouldn't try and flame those interested in exploring the different levels of light and dark. They are plenty of different ways to light a room, and we should show tolerance for whatever choice someone makes.
Having said all of that.....
...Why isn't my light coming on? I swear I followed the instructions, but it's just not working like i'd thought. I mean...it turns on and off ok....I guess, but somehow it's just not as enlightening as I'd expected.

Is it safe to switch all of my lighting fixtures to these

FR3B3MFTWZEP27WB6C.MEDIUM.jpg

or should I wait until my current lights go out? They've been going on and off for years now but I don't want to do it too soon. Is it safe or should I wait?

Back to the thread, should I switch to these or should I wait? Maybe xenon strobe tubes- noob....

SWMBO? I've seen it posted before but what does it mean? LME/DME? WTF!?!?!? I'm to drunk on coors light for acronyms!

ewww. coors.. *shudders*

I don't change my light bulbs by hand anymore because I am worried the glass will shatter and cut my hand. So, I built a fully automated light bulb changer using 44 different parts I ordered from McMaster-Carr and bought on Ebay. There are photos of my light bulb changer in the DIY forum.

Meh...you don't need to go fancy smancy to change a lightbulb,

This works just as well
aasdd.jpg

And the light's just as good as one changed on a multibazillion dollar herms system...:D

Peeing on an electric fence would result in a better light source than what Mr. Bulb makes.

Yeah, well.....That I hear is how Anheuser/Bulb makes THEIR products...are you saying you're an Anheuser/Bulb lover???

AND you call yourself a homelighter....Sigh...

Hey, I can't find any filaments in my local home bulb shop, tungsten or otherwise...has anyone been successful in making lightbulbs without filaments? This filament shortage blows...

They're only hating you because you didn't search first. Just use the search tool, Tool.

I want to get into homebulbing LEDs, could we have a separate area for people who are into such high-tech homebulbing practices?

Yeah.....I don't think I've ever said it before, but I think that batch is a dumper....sorry.

Revvy, how dare you, I would wait it out. You never know what those little spikes of infection will add to the final Lighting experience. Could be the best bulb you ever made!

Sadly these are on the smallish size, they're only 60 watts...anyone got any bigger ones to post? 100 watters?
QUOTE]

Its how they fit in the socket instead of the actual size that matters most.... yes, believe it not they can be too big

ehh who am I trying to kid the bigger the better!

Its how they fit in the socket instead of the actual size that matters most.... yes, believe it not they can be too big

ehh who am I trying to kid the bigger the better!
You might want to rephrase that, especially that part about going in the socket. Makes you sound, well, you know.:drunk:

You might want to rephrase that, especially that part about going in the socket. Makes you sound, well, you know.:drunk:

whaaaaa get your mind out of the gutter. You dont want to put a light bulb with a higher wattage than what is reccomend into a light socket. Thats a fire hazard! :D

Have you ever seen those "natural light" light bulbs that are supposed to put off the same wavelengths as the sun and make people happy?

Have you ever seen those "natural light" light bulbs that are supposed to put off the same wavelengths as the sun and make people happy?

You mean these??

51xR9gitLOL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

NATTY LIGHT?? That's not even real beer...er bulbs...they are just for a cheap highlight... There's no illumination in there...and there's barely a filament presence to be had...

Natty light is for wussies...

I'd rather have something dark...

531995-75-Watt-Blacklight-Bulb.jpg

:D

I dont like dark light, its too heavy for me.

But color isn't really representative of intensity and body...I mean sure some black lights are heavy...Like this one.

terence_koh_black_light.jpg

I'd call that an imperial stout...but on the other end of the spectrum :)D) is the scwartzbulb....

black-light-bulb-1.jpg

It's really NOT that filling....

Back