• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

100% SS Electric Brutus "20" ($5000)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I signed up on ProBrewer... got activated, still wasnt allowed to post a classified, and today my login doesnt work anymore. How does one become a member of their elite club?

Email Tom, the administrator. He'll get you sorted out. May take a few though.

Almost 3000 views, no takers... ho hum

I may be stuck with it, no bike for me :(

If you do sell it, history shows it will take a long time and you will lose money on the deal.

It is very hard selling turn-key systems, but if you wait it out someone will take you up on it.

The problem is that very few people understand the costs that go into industrial controls and think that they could build it for WAY less. That just isn't true but it is still the perception.

Good luck. That rig is beautiful. Plus, in a few months once the heat of the building moment has passed you may get back into the hobby. I mean you must have liked it to start with, right?

Yeah, I did enjoy some of the build. I am going through a season in my life where a lot of things are just not bringing me much joy. Interesting times.

As for the build, the parts, which were sourced VERY carefully, total well over $4k. My time is in there, as it should be, at a rate of $2 per hour for assembly only. No design and procurement time included.

I mean, if I dont sell it, I have my dream brewing system, but if I dont care to use it, it goes to waste.

I wont take a loss on it, if it came to that, I would just stuff it in the garage and let it sit unused.

Actually that system could be built for way less if you welded tri-clamp fittings into the kettles instead of using weldless threaded fittings and then buying expensive threaded tri-clamp adapters. There is easily a couple hundred dollars of waste right there, just for the privilege of adding threads and gaskets where they aren't needed.

Plus unless I am missing something, zero gallons of beer have actually been brewed on this design. Morebeer and Sabco sell similarly priced systems with similar automation and with warranties and tested designs. The market for this is someone who really wants an electric rig, has the budget and wants to do zero DIY as very few products fill that need.

Actually that system could be built for way less if you welded tri-clamp fittings into the kettles instead of using weldless threaded fittings and then buying expensive threaded tri-clamp adapters. There is easily a couple hundred dollars of waste right there, just for the privilege of adding threads and gaskets where they aren't needed.

Plus unless I am missing something, zero gallons of beer have actually been brewed on this design. Morebeer and Sabco sell similarly priced systems with similar automation and with warranties and tested designs. The market for this is someone who really wants an electric rig, has the budget and wants to do zero DIY as very few products fill that need.

Not sure that saying if you were smart enough is really a nice thing to say to someone. The OP has set a price on it and since he put in the time and the money to build it he has the right to ask whatever he wants for it. Good Luck selling the nice looking rig!

Wow. Good thing you didn't do any research. Unless you have the skills on Green Monti, you would be paying out the arse for all the welding these systems use. Not to mention the Blichmann pots do better with weldless due to the gauge... further not to mention that by welding you are at the mercy of the welder, who may or may not suck balls.

This system is extremely well designed and uses no new concepts that would need proof of concept. Everything here works. Willy did a great job implementing ideas and assembling the product. It is worth every penny he is asking.

Anyone who has build a system of this scale (or considerably smaller) will tell you the work and level of detail involved in finishing such a project without cutting corners.

I am sure your dick feels much bigger after knocking willy:rolleyes:

Just wait it out Willy. Someone will come knocking eventually. Remilard just proves what I was talking about in my first post. People with no clue always think they have one.

Wow. Good thing you didn't do any research. Unless you have the skills on Green Monti, you would be paying out the arse for all the welding these systems use. Not to mention the Blichmann pots do better with weldless due to the gauge... further not to mention that by welding you are at the mercy of the welder, who may or may not suck balls.

This system is extremely well designed and uses no new concepts that would need proof of concept. Everything here works. Willy did a great job implementing ideas and assembling the product. It is worth every penny he is asking.

Anyone who has build a system of this scale (or considerably smaller) will tell you the work and level of detail involved in finishing such a project without cutting corners.

I am sure your dick feels much bigger after knocking willy:rolleyes:

Just wait it out Willy. Someone will come knocking eventually. Remilard just proves what I was talking about in my first post. People with no clue always think they have one.

So "willy" had to use a bunch of unnecessary and expensive parts because the really expensive pots he bought are too thin to weld?

Sounds like a design flaw to me. "I had to make crappy design decisions because of crappy design decisions I had already made".

Whatever duder.

1/2" Weldless - ball valve and angled return
1 1/2" street elbow : $3.02 : Buy Fittings Online : 4-D : http://www.buyfittingsonline.com/Fittings/item6151.htm
1 1/2" close nipple : $1.72 : Buy Fittings Online : 27-4P1-1/8 : http://www.buyfittingsonline.com/Fittings/item6592.htm
1 1/2" ball valve : $8.20 : KLG Stainless INC : Ebay.com
1 1/2" Stainless Steel Washer : $2.50 : Bargain Fittings : http://www.greatbargain.net/order/shop2.html
1 1/2" Stainless Steel Locknut : $4.50 : Bargain Fittings
1 1/2" Silicon O-ring size 211 :$0.25 : Bargain Fittings
1 1/2"MPT x 1.5TC : $7.35 : KLG stainless

Total $27.54

Let's see your awesome solution where you get some welder you don't know to put anything close to that together for less or I'll even give you $10 more per fitting.

Weak sauce man. Straight weak. Go yell at your kids or throw stuff at a homeless guy to make yourself feel cool. No point in trashing one of the best builds to cross this forum.

IMO weldless is the way to go unless you have access to a very good welder you know personally.

Maybe you missed my previous post where I pointed out the fact that morebeer and sabco sell systems with as much or more stainless, more functionality and similar automation for a similar price. Obviously it can be done, as evidenced by simple observation.

Clearly you are taking this personally. I don't have any kids but I can yell at yours if it will help you relax.

Should I apologize for posting this ad? Sorry guys, didnt mean for my classified to end so badly.

HBT is obviously not the right place for this build and sale.

I cant get any more SS on this rig, every nut is SS.
It can run an entire brew session without user input from preheat to boil, it autonomously runs each process without user input
It is faster heating/more eff. at doing so
Functionality... err, aside from making beer and sous vide cooking, what would it or can a Sabco do?

This classified has to go, it is obviously too classy for HBT.

HBT is the PERFECT place for this build. It's fantastic. I wish I had the coin. Seriously, don't let one person's snark minimalize what you've built.:mug:

+1, keep it around man. This is a great place and people have sold high priced systems here before, it just takes time. If you had had a build thread you would have had naysayers emerge there too...

Remilard, if you wanna bash people's **** or take on a debate about Brutus, Sabco, Brewmagic, or those brew systems built in SS sinks? Start your own thread please, WillyNilly obviously put some effort into this and if you think you can do better, wait til you can show us.

Now that this classified, which blows my mind, has become a debate on the merits of the brew rig itself, my own intelligence, etc...

Can a MOD just delete it? This is the most f'ed up brewing forum I have ever been a part of, seriously?

I will post it elsewhere.

Just go into your settings and you can choose to receive email notification of private messages.

I'd try to sell it through a local homebrew club (many have a forum with a classifieds section). No shipping and the ability to easily do a hands on demo is going to make it a more attractive deal. Taking it to the local big brew day on May 1 will also generate some interested and word of mouth buzz about the system.

That is a Saturday, so there is a 100% chance I am not available, I will be working.

Do you trust anybody well enough to take it for you? Are you going to the NHC? I bet if you took it up there you would leave with very solid leads, if not $5000 in your pocket.

Bump for ya, like you really needed it. I can't believe this has not sold yet.

Do you trust anybody well enough to take it for you? Are you going to the NHC? I bet if you took it up there you would leave with very solid leads, if not $5000 in your pocket.

I dont KNOW anyone that is going that is local.

I can believe it has not sold, it is money, not the rig. If it were $2000, it would be gone I am sure, it is the $$$ involved

Well, yeah. I knew I was going to buy a rig around 5 Gs and I wasn't sweating the money but it still took me a while to decide which one to buy.

I dont KNOW anyone that is going that is local.

I can believe it has not sold, it is money, not the rig. If it were $2000, it would be gone I am sure, it is the $$$ involved

I agree. When someone is spending $2000, they study and read and hem and haw. When they're spending $5000, they have very definite ideas of what they want and need. If your system is "different", it may take a while.

That said, I think it's a great system. You just need to find the right buyer.

I paid $1500 for the_Pol's rig. It was well worth it, but I've already made a few changes with a few more that I'd like to make. Not that anything is wrong- it's just not completely right for me. I knew that going in, and I figured another $500 or so would get me right where I wanted to be. $2000 was my upper limit. If my upper limit was higher, I would have been totally interested in your system!

Well that holds true for homebrewers. But I posted my Brutus on ProBrewer over a year ago and I still get people asking me if they can get one like it for under 6k.....I paid much, much less. Pro brewers are a market in itself for professional grade homebrew rigs. Pilot systems have their niche just like everything else, but a professionally done & very nice system can fetch thousands.

Well that holds true for homebrewers. But I posted my Brutus on ProBrewer over a year ago and I still get people asking me if they can get one like it for under 6k.....I paid much, much less. Pro brewers are a market in itself for professional grade homebrew rigs. Pilot systems have their niche just like everything else, but a professionally done & very nice system can fetch thousands.

Oh, yes, I didn't meant to imply that it wasn't worth every bit of $5000! I think it is, and I would love that rig for myself! I'm only a homebrewer, and that's all I ever aspire too. I hope it didn't come across like I was dissing this system- on the contrary, I think it's terrific!

PM box is empty, PM me that contact please

Oh, yes, I didn't meant to imply that it wasn't worth every bit of $5000! I think it is, and I would love that rig for myself! I'm only a homebrewer, and that's all I ever aspire too. I hope it didn't come across like I was dissing this system- on the contrary, I think it's terrific!

No Yoop, that wasnt directed at you. :mug: I was just making a point, the OP seemed frustrated having to justify his asking price.

Emailed your guy Chimone, and got 4 other interested parties today at ProBrewer. Also have two inquiries to build a 1BBL version, which I have been in the planning stages for!

Emailed your guy Chimone, and got 4 other interested parties today at ProBrewer. Also have two inquiries to build a 1BBL version, which I have been in the planning stages for!

Cool, I knew you would get something. Good luck to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back