• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Florida Brutus brew rig (complete) For sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrickyDick

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy,

I live in central FL.
I have an all stainless steel Brutus style brewing rig that I want to sell.
I built this myself, though welding was done professionally, a few years ago.
It will last a lifetime. I am selling it because I need space in my basement and money in my bank in order to do an indoor electric brewing system. I thought about converting this to electric or saving in case I ever moved, but I think I will see if I can sell it.

The cart is built from 3/16" thick 304 stainless steel. The enclosure/control panel 316 stainless NEMA 4X rated. Casters also stainless. Heat shield between HLT and control panel. Tejas smokers ten mini jet propane burners x3, two controlled via PID/intermittent pilot spark ignition Honeywell valves. Propane manifold is bolted to frame with SS hardware and SS tubing and fittings throughout. Two regulators. One adjustable one 11"W.C. Output (I found it helpful to be able to adjust the pressure for the boil kettle burner when doing larger batches). Have heat shields but they have not been attached, though I can include them if you like (SS as well). I have a setup for QD propane @ 10psi to buried tank currently setup, but will provide a hose for connecting to a portable BBQ cylinder as well and you can connect directly to either of the two regulators.
The three kettles are Blichmann first gen 15 gallons. HopBlocker, AutoSparge, False Bottom, Therminator, twin March 809 pumps with SS splash guard). A whirlpool port was installed on the boil kettle. All is included. Tubing is silicone, and connections are all SS, most being SS QD fittings. Whirlpool is TC.

This is capable of brewing ten gallon batches or even 1/2 BBL if you brew high gravity then dilute in fermentor. I have also done a 1.101 with final legging volume 9.5 gallons.

There is minor wear and some scorched wort stains that could be buffed and polished, but I'm too lazy to do that (The heat deflector is mirror finish for what that's worth.) I will mention that I dropped the HLT on accident once and the thermometer dial plastic cracked and there is an insignificant dent on the kettle. You could probably repair if you had appropriate ability. Still works fine for years in this condition. Can be safely operated in the rain. I posted a pic of this in the zombie dust clone thread.

Have invested over $4500 into components and parts, not counting a few revisions over the years. I believe it is four years old. It sat idle for about a year and a half, but has seen regular use over last couple years.

Serious inquiries only please. $3000 firm. PayPal, Cash on pickup, USPS money order acceptable. Willing to arrange for shipping at buyers expense (probably a significant expense given the weight, which I would need to figure out how to weigh this now that I think about it...)

I will attempt to add photos from my iPad. And I will also try to take some current pictures. Edit-can't seem to manage getting photos on from iPad, will post some when I get home from work.

TD

Photos

there are pics showing the cracked thermo dial and HLT dent, which as I said were insignificant, but I didn't want to conceal those points for potential buyers.

the tubing could use some deep cleaning, and there is a little bit of water spots from last cleaning.
I know I am a terrible salesman but I am also a terribly honest person. This is a system that could last a lifetime. I have thought hard about keeping it, but I think it would be best to keep this as is, and sell it to a loving family or brew club even.

TD

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

Oh and by the way, these pics were taken tonight. The Copper counter flow chiller is not included. The Brewers hardware trub filter mount is not included. The spark ignition module mounted below the boil kettle on the right, is included but is not hooked up - meant for ignition of the boil kettle burners, and I never got around to setting it up.

TD

Back