Cannman's Homebrew Swap for Mutual Critiquing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cannman

Beer Theorist
Reaction score
Howdy Family!

:mug:

I'm starting this thread as a place to start sharing the homebrews that my club makes and those that I personally make. Therefore the "Menu" will be available until exhausted and then replaced with more beer! I live in rural California, Less than 3000 population, over 55 miles to the next "major" town, nearest walmart is about 140 miles, so the mail is our only outlet to good beer.

What I expect:
X Supporting members only.
X I'm asking that we share bottle for bottle.
X I'll include a critique form that I ask get filled out when tasting and publicly posted here to the form (brutal honest truth in my face!).
X Feedback for the trade.

What you will get:
X Your beer will be tasted by myself and at least one other member from our club according to your specifics (such as serving temp, with an orange wedge, etc.).
X Amateur critique from tasting members.
X My undying gratitude for tasting my beer and allowing me to sample yours.
X Feedback for the trade.

What to do:
x Post to this forum that you are interesting in swapping and list the beers you would like to swap for (Homebrew only).
x Once acceptable, I'll PM you with further details, shipping date, and return address.
x Communicate with me when the beer arrives.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Now Serving:

*Eastern Sierra Pale Ale - 12oz/22oz Bottles AVAILABLE NOW! Serve at 48F
*Eastern Sierra Pale Ale: Hop Oil Edition - 12oz/22oz Bottles (Conditioning)- AVAILABLE 6/01/2015

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1432401043.527227.jpg
-------------------

Thank you for your interest in helping us brew a better beer.:mug:

Only 3000 in your town and you have a homebrew club? That's pretty good. We can't seem to keep ours going here in metro-sprawl.

Omg @passedpawn, I literally found people who likes drinking beer, shared with them my brew, dragged them to my house, paid for everything (ingredients to electricity), split the batches, and even gave away old equipment to inspire the art. We have some passionate people now, and made some great friend in the process. Build it, and they will come.... And drink...

I'd do it again in a heart beat... In fact I'm still doing it! 2 brews on the 17th, one in the morning, one in the afternoon. 10 gal each.

HBT members:

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1432401634.973186.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1432401656.523249.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1432401777.217656.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1432773095.684842.jpg

I'm in.

I currently have the following beers ready:

German Pilsner (used New Zealand hops instead)
Belgian Golden Strong
Belgian Patersbier
Belgian Tripel
Imperial Schwarzbier with vanilla beans, oak cubes, and bourbon added.

Will also have a Belgian Dubbel, and a Hefe ready in the next few weeks.

Very cool! I have the following in bottles (12oz) that I can swap:

1. Simcoe/Centennial/Nelson Sauvin Imperial Extra Pale Ale (failed DIPA)
2. Sparkling hard cider aged on chardonnay barrel oak chips
3. Simcoe/Centennial/Nelson Sauvin IPA (about a month in the bottle so starting to drop hop presence)
4. Edwort's Apfelwein
5. Soon to bottle - Vanilla Bourbon RIS

Take your pick, if you'd like to wait a couple weeks for the RIS to go into bottles that's not a problem...

Just added:

*Eastern Sierra Pale Ale - 12oz/22oz Bottles (Conditioning)- AVAILABLE 5/21/2015
*Eastern Sierra Pale Ale: Hop Oil Edition - 12oz/22oz Bottles (Conditioning)- AVAILABLE 5/21/2015

(SEE FIRST POST FOR COMPLETE MENU)

They are currently conditioning... but should be ready no later than the 21st. I don't mind sending it out early if you don't mind holding on to it for a week or so until its ready.

Very cool! I have the following in bottles (12oz) that I can swap:

1. Simcoe/Centennial/Nelson Sauvin Imperial Extra Pale Ale (failed DIPA)
2. Sparkling hard cider aged on chardonnay barrel oak chips
3. Simcoe/Centennial/Nelson Sauvin IPA (about a month in the bottle so starting to drop hop presence)
4. Edwort's Apfelwein
5. Soon to bottle - Vanilla Bourbon RIS

Take your pick, if you'd like to wait a couple weeks for the RIS to go into bottles that's not a problem...

Tracking Number PMed! TYFTT!

Okay, I'm opening up the Eastern Sierra Pale Ale to those who would like to trade for it. It was well received at a recent tasting, "A delightful floral pale ale that would make a great companion at the summit of a great hike among the pines, or paired with a Turkey Panini at lunch."

Serve at 48F

See the first post for details.

Also removed the Single Hop Centennial IPA.

Excellent idea! I'll be bottling a cascadian dark/ black ipa and an American white ipa soon and would love some tasting notes. Bottling on the 28th but leaving for 20 days of work on 6-5 so they'll need some conditioning.

Excellent idea! I'll be bottling a cascadian dark/ black ipa and an American white ipa soon and would love some tasting notes. Bottling on the 28th but leaving for 20 days of work on 6-5 so they'll need some conditioning.

Noted! I look forward to trading with you soon. I should have a Pliny the Elder Clone ready by that time too.

:tank:

Appropriate image updated of current beer, wrong glass though :/. Oh well, she's still pretty.

I do have a red ipa ready to go if you're interested. There might be some hop matter in it but it settles out in the fridge.

First off, let me be honest and say I am not a great judge of beer. I have tasted many examples of these styles (Pale Ale/IPA) and my own personal preferences may bias my critique here. The best way I know to give feedback would be to use the BJCP scoresheet. I have attached images of both samples I have tried up to this point. Along with images of the beers as they were sampled.

10325386_819291378162225_8673390530139582965_n.jpg

11391557_819291404828889_2634169534475213285_n.jpg

11407039_819291428162220_6648427652226454192_n.jpg

11429879_819291458162217_2738451502486979639_n.jpg

I believe I have 2 more beers to sample, I will try to get to those this week.

I did not realize that editing time was limited on posts to x-amount of days.
(If any mod wants to reopen the edit ability so I can remove the out dated info on post 1, that would be great!)

-----------------

Available for shipping!

*Pliny the Elder Clone - Double Pale Ale - 12oz/22oz Bottles AVAILABLE NOW!

*Foreign Extra Stout - 12oz/22oz Bottles - AVAILABLE NOW! (sorry about the head pour)

Both of these beers are excellently done and are quite a step up from our previous release so I encourage everyone to retrade!

beer1.jpg

beer2.jpg

Still trading beer? I'd like to receive some feedback on my beer.

I did not realize that editing time was limited on posts to x-amount of days.
(If any mod wants to reopen the edit ability so I can remove the out dated info on post 1, that would be great!)

-----------------

Available for shipping!

*Pliny the Elder Clone - Double Pale Ale - 12oz/22oz Bottles AVAILABLE NOW!

*Foreign Extra Stout - 12oz/22oz Bottles - AVAILABLE NOW! (sorry about the head pour)

Both of these beers are excellently done and are quite a step up from our previous release so I encourage everyone to retrade!

I'm definitely interested in doing a swap. Let me know :)

I've never done any trading but I'd be interested in getting some feedback on my brews. Ive give most of what I make out to friends and random people but I'm always present to hear the feedback. Also, Ive only talked to a few actual brewers on what techniques could be used to improve things. Planning on entering some competitions later this year so I figure this may be a good place to start.

From the stuff Im willing to give out to the public, I have the following available. I don't necessarily need 1:1 in exchange. Hell Id gladly ship 1 of each in return for a few. I have some good packaging that should be able to fit about a case snugly and safely. Also have a menu with abv and descriptions of each if interested

Winnie the Pale Ale / American Pale Ale
Malt Worm Bitter / ESB
Blue Sky Black Death / Belgian Strong Dark Ale
Whoppers Stout / Milk Stout
Sounds Like Slinkys / Tripel
Fruit Loops Hefe / Hefeweizen
Oil Spill / Baltic Porter
Falcon Punch / Amber Ale
Space Boots / Black IPA
Funkytown / Sour Black Saison
‘Muricah / Sour Saison
Flapjack Breakfast Stout / Imperial Stout
Mexican Hot Chocolate / Milk Stout
Sponge Bath / Dubbel
3 Blind Monks / Sour Black Tripel
All That Glitters / Saison (Lemon Pepper)
Accident Prone / Saison
Wild Fellers / Wild IPA

I've never done any trading but I'd be interested in getting some feedback on my brews. Ive give most of what I make out to friends and random people but I'm always present to hear the feedback. Also, Ive only talked to a few actual brewers on what techniques could be used to improve things. Planning on entering some competitions later this year so I figure this may be a good place to start.

From the stuff Im willing to give out to the public, I have the following available. I don't necessarily need 1:1 in exchange. Hell Id gladly ship 1 of each in return for a few. I have some good packaging that should be able to fit about a case snugly and safely. Also have a menu with abv and descriptions of each if interested

Malt Worm Bitter/ ESB
Falcon Punch / Amber Ale
Space Boots / Black IPA
‘Muricah / Sour Saison
Sponge Bath / Dubbel
Accident Prone / Saison
Wild Fellers / Wild IPA

Working on the pm right now

Malt Worm Bitter / ESB
Falcon Punch / Amber Ale
Space Boots / Black IPA
‘Muricah / Sour Saison
Sponge Bath / Dubbel
Accident Prone / Saison
Wild Fellers / Wild IPA

Loving those names m00ps :mug:

Back