You kids stop getting your $#(@^ threads locked!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvilTOJ

Reaction score
I've noticed there's been a lot more locked threads lately, and quite frankly I'm sick of it! We're all supposed to be getting along with each other, even when we fight. So in response I'm filling this thread with kittens, puppies, ducklings, and any other adorable animals I can find. I suggest you do the same *gives you the threatening eye*

kitten1.JPG
kitten 2.jpg
kitten 3.jpg
kitten 4.jpg

Some of those threads that got locked were locked for no good reason IMHO. *shrug*

Some of those threads that got locked were locked for no good reason IMHO. *shrug*

+1 on that. Hell, I had a couple threads locked because mods misunderstood some good-old-fashioned ribbing between PeteOz and myself for a dogfight. They corrected it and reopened them later, but I think it just goes to show how itchy the trigger finger has gotten lately. It's not my site so they can do what they want, but I'm of the opinion that at least 50% of the threads that get locked are in such a tame state at the time of locking, oftentimes I'm just literally left shaking my head when I see the "closed" button.

But I digress. I say, let's get this one locked up for a good reason...

If you believe in jesus, you're a crazy wackjob and should be locked up!

And it begins...:ban:

I believe in Jesus. There are historical records of his existence. I believe in him just as much as I believe in Babe Ruth, King Tut, and George Washington.

What do you believe? That all the past is just an illusion or something?

But I digress. I say, let's get this one locked up for a good reason...

If you believe in jesus, you're a crazy wackjob and should be locked up!

And it begins...:ban:

The sky wizard's zombie son has many followers. Beware of making comments like that.

FSM is dead. Long live FSM.

Don't forget about Emo kitty:

And my response to that is:

emo-lawn-cutting.gif

I believe in Jesus. There are historical records of his existence. I believe in him just as much as I believe in Babe Ruth, King Tut, and George Washington.

What do you believe? That all the past is just an illusion or something?

Aw, man, come on, you know what I meant. Gotta be spoiling my fun, dontcha ;)

Allow me to revise:

If you believe in the myth of Jesus rising from the dead and being the son of God, then you're a wackjob.

Have I mentioned I hate you guys? :D

If you believe in the myth of Jesus rising from the dead and being the son of God, then you're a wackjob.

So you're saying you DON'T believe in zombies? Oh for shame. A zombie Jesus would be nifty.

180px-Zombie-jesus.jpg

After dying, Jesus was raised from the dead and once more walked among the living. This, of course, would only be possible if he were a zombie; Zombie Jesus is the identity of Jesus following the Resurrection. In zombie form, Jesus retained his unending love for mankind, in particular, he loved their sweet, delectable brains. Many of his followers were surprised when, instead of offering God's salvation, Zombie Jesus voraciously consumed their faces.

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Zombie_Jesus

Top that! Photographic proof of zombie JC AND he is Manson

That can't possibly be you. That post apologized in advance for possibly offending people! That's not the Evan! I know.

I'm not seeing enough kittens and rainbows ITT, dammit!

I was going to write something similar but thought it might get me banned or the thread locked.

I think we should start a thread/argument and see how degerative it can get. Of course all those involved would have to know it was a nothing personal situation. But something like a "your mom" thread. I just want to see what kind of cruel and unusual stuff we can come up with. This way we have a bearing on what should and shoudn't get locked.

That can't possibly be you. That post apologized in advance for possibly offending people! That's not the Evan! I know.

I'm not seeing enough kittens and rainbows ITT, dammit!

Well, that one was particularly abrasive in a place where I know quite a few religious folks hang out. I love to offend people, but I'm not consciously trying to make enemies, you know? And some people are really rabid about their god beliefs.

There seems to be a few folks on this site who don't hesitate to belittle or ridicule the beliefs of someone else; that's something I try never to do regardless of the beliefs. In my mind it says more about the folks doing the ridiculing than the target of the ridicule.

While I've no plan to take part in such here, I've had past discussions on other sites re: religious beliefs, and there are always those on both sides who couldn't do so with any measure of respect. Generally -- and rightfully -- they were held in poor regards by the majority of both sides of the argument. Hopefully it's the case here as well.

Of course, maybe I'm just a whackjob and respect for others, like keeping your pants above half mast, is an old fashioned concept.

Rick

There seems to be a few folks on this site who don't hesitate to belittle or ridicule the beliefs of someone else; that's something I try never do regardless of the beliefs. In my mind it says more about the folks doing the ridiculing than the target of the ridicule.

While I've no plan to take part in such here, I've had past discussions on other sites re: religious beliefs, and there are always those on both sides who couldn't do so with any measure of respect. Generally -- and rightfully -- they were held in poor regards by the majority of both sides of the argument. Hopefully it's the case here as well.

Of course, maybe I'm just a whackjob and respect for others, like keeping your pants above half mast, is an old fashioned concept.

Rick

I'm not ridiculing anyone's beliefs, I just purposefully threw out the most incendiary, inflammatory thing I could think of in an effort to get this thread closed, a la irony! Man, if you take offense to that, or if you think that this is actually an "argument", well, I dunno what to tell ya! :mug:

I'm not ridiculing anyone's beliefs, I just purposefully threw out the most incendiary, inflammatory thing I could think of in an effort to get this thread closed, a la irony! Man, if you take offense to that, or if you think that this is actually an "argument", well, I dunno what to tell ya! :mug:

Then why don't you just say....

NUKE GAY WHALES FOR JESUS!!!!!!!

Because we enjoy each other's company and have a desire to grow as a community, we allow and even encourage off-topic banter so long as it's good-natured and stays relatively neutral. In the past, we've gone so far as to completely prohibit religious and political discussion due to the volatile nature of those topics. However, that rule no longer exists, and those threads are allowed to continue so long as they don't degenerate into personal attacks or become blatantly offensive. Please remember, though, that ultimately, this is a beer brewing website, not a political blog or a place to tout your personal values, so those types of off-topic threads will likely get a lot of attention from the admin and mods.

Lately, the "trigger finger" may have seemed a bit "itchy," but there have been a multitude of off-topic threads, several of which had very similar subject matter, where the discussion turned volatile and negative very quickly, causing tempers to flare. There was even a discussion among the moderators about the seemingly increased amount of bickering occurring across HBT this week. Don't get me wrong, arguing can be a very healthy form of interaction, but when the arguing degenerates into anger and offense, the discussion will be closed.

Yeah, I don't understand that at all. What kind of "drunken ramblings" are allowed then? I guess threads about kittens. I was just trying to share something funny - and many people thought it was funny.

Anyway, I was going to add that I don't dislike kids, I just find the pressure by other people to have them interesting. So there. :p

Latest posts

Back