Top of keezer.......tile?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle6357

Reaction score
I want to put something on top of my keezer build to make it look a little licer w/o having to build a whole coffin. I have a nice 6" collar on it. What have any of you used? I was thinking 1" x 1" tile.....if I did that would it stick with regular tile adhesive or would I need to maybe use like liquid nails for sticking it to the freezer top.

I think most use some sort of tile. I used hardwood flooring on mine. I still need to put a layer of clear 2-part epoxy bar top coat on it. As far as adhesive, regular tile adhesive will hold it. I have used that to glue tile on top of plywood before. A good sealer is always a good idea

I was able to glue the mosaic tile w/ some super strength construction adhesive (per recommendation of guy at Lowes) and will grout tomorrow. He just wasnt sure the grout/adhesive would hold. He said to stick to metal you typically need construction adhesive.

I just used peel and stick glass tile on mine( about $4 sq ft. Cheap!) and then grouted it. It is holding up fine.

photo-10-11.jpg

I just used peel and stick glass tile on mine( about $4 sq ft. Cheap!) and then grouted it. It is holding up fine.

Nice!
As I am currently waiting for the silicone to dry a bit on my modified keezer lid seal that is part of the 12" to 6" collar and deeper red mahogany stain mod, I want to say that lid looks great!

Wish I had originally thought to do something like that.

That tap handle looks interesting, but blurry- what is it?

That was just a Bud Light handle that I stripped the paint from. I've made a couple crude handles and got a nice one as a gift This is what I have now.

image-1680906703.jpg

I looked for those but none in stock. I got some nice ones on sale and the adhesive was only $5. Luckily I have some grout from doing the backsplash in the kitchen.

Back