Let's talk Brewer Baseball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wohoo, found it! Channel 507(!) in Racine.
Thats a new one for me.

How bad is it when the Marlins have won 2 World Series, but have to play in a nearly empty stadium named after the football team which hasn't done anything in some time now?

I'm visiting my family this week, and Friday night's game here in Cleveland was delayed, and finally cancelled as were Satuday and Sunday's games. We were talking about going to a game this week- but the Indians are in Milwaukee and I'm in Cleveland. How weird is that?

It's too cold anyway- so we went to a minor league hockey game. It was pretty warm in the hockey arena. Stange, huh?

I know it's very early in the season, but I think the Brewers need to do something now. I think we've seen enough to know that if they don't change a few things their high, high hopes for this season will soon be nothing more than dreams.

So, here's my plan:

1. Get a new manager now. Ned is a nice guy, but he simply has been there too long. It's time to get someone new.

2. Bill Hall needs to play third base.

3. Tony Gwinn needs to play center field.

4. Ryan Braun needs to come up and hide in right field. They really need his bat.

What do you think?

1. Agree. Ned makes WAY too many boneheaded decisions. He keeps pitchers in too long for one.

2. Agree.

3. Agree.

4. Slightly disagree. Braun hitting .300 in AA and in 6 games of spring training is not reason to bring this kid up too early. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong, but he won't hit well enough to help this team--YET.

I think one of the first things they should do is trade Jenkins for a shaved monkey and a bag of batting practice balls. I can't stand Mr Streak any longer.

I told you guys before the season started...they did nothing to improve this team in the off-season. No bullpen and 9 hitters who can't get a run in with ducks on the pond.

Hey BTW I was watching the game Sunday (they actually won that one!) and when they showed the stands for a moment I could have sworn I saw a guy drinking a Sprecher! Can anyone verify this for me? Do they really have Sprecher at Miller Park now? Would be awesome if they do......

There are spots that serve Lakefront too. Bottles can be found on the first base side on the 200 level. I found this spot after the game I went to comma of course.

Edit: Who wants to go to the Indians-Angels game on Tuesday or Thursday?

Bernie Brewer said:
Hey BTW I was watching the game Sunday (they actually won that one!) and when they showed the stands for a moment I could have sworn I saw a guy drinking a Sprecher! Can anyone verify this for me? Do they really have Sprecher at Miller Park now? Would be awesome if they do......

I know that on the main level there is a stand set up like a bar (stools at the counter and all). It is more or less on the third base side behind home plate, where the concourse jogs away from the field. Know where I mean? And if I recall correctly there was another smaller cart with cooler behind it in that same area but closer to the stairs going down into the seating areas. That was where I found the Sprecher OCtoberfest shown below. As you can see I had help finishing it.
This was all last year, though, I don't get that adventurous during opening day, it's too damn crowded to look for stuff.

(I know I've already posted this, but I can't help it :) )
game2.jpg

Dude said:
So did they end up winnign the suspended game? gameday audio won't work....MLB.com says 3-2 but not a final yet...it has to be by now...

Yup just ended a few minutes ago. won 3-2 in 13 innings

Bernie Brewer said:
Brewer fans if you're interested there is a DVD documentary about the 82 team called "Harvey's Wallbangers: The 1982 Milwaukee Brewers"
Narrated by Bob Uecker.

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/ne...t_id=1889303&vkey=news_mil&fext=.jsp&c_id=mil

I'm not much for living in the past, but I might give this a look. Costs $25, + $5 for shipping.

Edit: just found one on Amazon for $17.49.......:)

My dad was on the Miller Park DVD when they interviewed people on the inaugural opening day. I was standing next to him just out of camera (luckily).

Ahh the Brewers were just afraid of the Yankees so they switched to the NL:D :D

Seriously, I wish we could get good beers at Yankee games. All they have is MGD, Miller Lite and Becks once in a while. But it's way over priced.

I didn't see this thread until now and don't feel like reading it all now. But hell yeah, Go Brewers! I go to a handful of games every year, even when I lived in Minnesota I would make 1 or 2 of the Brewers/Twins game. The Brewers always had a good showing in the stands. The one time 1/2 of the Twins fans left by the 9th and we had a Let's Go Brewers chant echoing through the Metrodome.

It seems like almost every team in baseball has someone in their division that has their number. Not necessarily because they are better, just weird luck. I hope that's not the case with the Cubs this year. Any team but the Cubs. Hopefully they can pull this one out. With Vargas' start, it would be a steal and we'd be looking good for the series.

2nd Street Brewery said:
Ahh the Brewers were just afraid of the Yankees so they switched to the NL:D :D

Seriously, I wish we could get good beers at Yankee games. All they have is MGD, Miller Lite and Becks once in a while. But it's way over priced.

Better than Bud Light at least.

I thought wgn broadcast the cubs for every game. Not out here; at least tonight. :(

And thats why I was so glad Jenks was moved back to left field this season.
What a catch.

Back