Let's talk Brewer Baseball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time keeping track of all the threads about the Brewers...it seems we have quite a "crew" that will be following them this year, so I figured I'd start a separate thread to keep track of all things Brewers.

Bring on the smack.

I'll start!

I'm watching them on the free DirecTV MLB Ticket preview this week. Tonight we've got the the classic Vin Scully calling the game--always a treat to listen to the legend.

It was weird listening to the new Brewers FSN team last night. I loved Daron Sutton--the new guy seems kind of stiff. Schroeder is always solid--very knowledgeable.

I gave up on Baseball offically when they canceled the world series . . . now the only reason I follow the Brewers is to see if I am gonna get some free burgers from George Webbs . . . I love me some George Webbs

This is the first year I didn't order the MLB Ticket, so of course the Brew Crew will win the division and play solid ball this year. :rolleyes:

Rant:

Does anyone else get driven absolutely crazy by that stupid routine Nomar does EVERY single time before he enters the batter's box? GAWD is that stupid.

Dude said:
This is the first year I didn't order the MLB Ticket, so of course the Brew Crew will win the division and play solid ball this year. :rolleyes:

Rant:

Does anyone else get driven absolutely crazy by that stupid routine Nomar does EVERY single time before he enters the batter's box? GAWD is that stupid.

Yup I ***** about him every time I see him. A few years ago, when they were trying to figure out ways to keep the games from going 4+ hours, his name kept popping up. Gee, wonder why???

Pumbaa, I know a lot of people that will never forget that year, and refuse to follow baseball because of it. They forget, though that since then, baseball seems to have learned its' lesson- they have now gone onger without a work stoppage than ever in the last 30+ years. Time to bury the hatchett maybe???

I'm too cheap to buy anything other than basic cable, but I sprung $15 to get Game Channel, so I can listen to all the games. I figure if the Brewers suck this year, I can pretend Uecker's got a bottle in his hand and I'm listening to "Major League 4."

WOW! Great play by Whitefish Bay native Craig Counsell! Double play with a diving stab and tagging the bag to keep the Brewer's hopes alive!

To the 7th inning stretch and the sausage race!!!!! Go Bratwurst!

Homer for the Tucson boy (JJ). Man on 2nd; Takashi don't get nervous :p

I live in St. Louis but am admittedly only a fair-weather baseball fan. Through my wife's job, we now sometimes get free tickets for Cardinals games. I saw a half dozen or so last year (not during the playoffs or WS unfortunately). My first game of this season will be next Friday against the Brewers!

At the old Busch Stadium there was one concession station that sold beer other than A-B products. Of course it had to be located half way around the stadium from our seats! They had a few of the micros that A-B distributes on tap. I haven't wandered the entire new stadium yet, but have located a nearby concession that has Schlafly (our 'other' local brewery) pale ale in bottles. $6 for 12oz seems ridiculous, but I just can't bring myself to consume crappy BMC brews.

Dude said:
I'm watching them on the free DirecTV MLB Ticket preview this week. Tonight we've got the the classic Vin Scully calling the game--always a treat to listen to the legend.
Grrrrr, didn't know about the freebie week and I was PISSED the game wasn't on FSN last night. Like I want to watch the Bucks limp their way through the rest of the season.
I just made a bet with a couple Cubs fans. Well, two bets actually, one for best record and one for the winner of the Cubs-Brewers season series. A night of food and drinks at Mickey Finn's and another night...well, wherever.
Can't wait to collect!

By the way, can't remember if I bragged on this move before but we could not think of what to get my Dad for his birthday, so I finally suggested we chip in with my Mom and get him a Brewer's 9-pack of tickets. But then of course I would have to get one so he had someone to go with :rockin:
And they came with free opening day tickets :mug:

gay%20thread.jpg

Hey Wolf- love the avatar! Hey cheese- hate yours, but if you really WANT to use a pic of you and your SWMBO......well who am I to judge?

:D

Bernie Brewer said:
Hey Wolf- love the avatar! Hey cheese- hate yours, but if you really WANT to use a pic of you and your SWMBO......well who am I to judge?
Thanks! I was looking for a Barrelman hat at the Clubhouse store at Miller Park, but this year it's all Ball and Glove (which I love, too) and the 25th anniversary logo.
Which reminds me, I've complained that they don't have Brewers pint glasses there. Well, now they have no less than three different pint glasses, several pils glasses, and some steins.

Bernie Brewer said:

You do know that SWMBO's are out-of-bounds when it comes to razzing, right?

As for baa's comment, the lower case "brewers" made me think that Dude was talking about people who brew beer. Didn't sound too interesting at first, so I ignored the thread.

Cheesefood said:
No photoshop needed!!!

Photoshop? That's an add that was actually run in the paper!

Then there is this. Not that there is anything wrong with that...

GGC9e.jpg

Cheesefood said:
You do know that SWMBO's are out-of-bounds when it comes to razzing, right?

As for baa's comment, the lower case "brewers" made me think that Dude was talking about people who brew beer. Didn't sound too interesting at first, so I ignored the thread.

Sorry, no I didn't know that. OK, it's not you and SWMBO- it's you and a pay by the pound hooker.

Alright, so are there any other Chubbie fans out there who aren't afraid to put some homebrew on the line? I need some wagering action. C'mon, three beers to whichever team wins the series. Very simple... who's on?

the_bird said:
Alright, so are there any other Chubbie fans out there who aren't afraid to put some homebrew on the line? I need some wagering action. C'mon, three beers to whichever team wins the series. Very simple... who's on?

I'll take your bet. How do you want to do this? Dude and I are betting a $10 bottle of store-bought. Do you want to do three homebrews? My Barleywine should be nicely aged by then.

I'm just thinking for the weekend series, but if you want to do something for the whole year, that'll work too. Or, we can go with the same structure as the bet with Dude, just fill me in on the details.

Actually, I propose TWO bets....

For the season series, like you have with Dude; three homebrew or one $10 bottle, sender's choice.

For the weekend series; winner gets to pick the losers' avatar for the following week (within HBT guidelines).

Cheesefood said:
I'll take your bet. How do you want to do this? Dude and I are betting a $10 bottle of store-bought. Do you want to do three homebrews? My Barleywine should be nicely aged by then.

Aw, c'mon, I want in on this, too. BTW is that the season series or just this weekend?

Cheesefood said:
It's guy rule #1: never insult a man's woman.

Jeezus, Cheese, you have got some wierd-ass rules about good natured ribbing. You'd never make it in the construction trade, you'd pop a gasket in no time.

Back