Let's talk Brewer Baseball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheesefood said:
Probably. That's why I chose to get an education.

yeah, glad thats working out for ya;)
2086-officespace.jpg

Can we get back to the brewers or atleast baseball please?

So the Brewers have a 22 year old and 2 24 year olds in the infield and 2 23 year olds in the outfield. I say we have a young team. And Brian Brohn is 23 his the next third baseman for the Brewers.

sause said:
So the Brewers have a 22 year old and 2 24 year olds in the infield and 2 23 year olds in the outfield. I say we have a young team. And Brian Brohn is 23 his the next third baseman for the Brewers.

Are you counting The New And Improved Tony Gwynn?

Seems like they're getting some national notice, more people getting on the bandwagon. Pitching's been damn good so far, with the exception of that one reliever. I still think they overpaid for Suppan, but he's the kind of reliable guy they need given injury concerns they have elsewhere in the rotation.

the_bird said:
Are you counting The New And Improved Tony Gwynn?

Seems like they're getting some national notice, more people getting on the bandwagon. Pitching's been damn good so far, with the exception of that one reliever. I still think they overpaid for Suppan, but he's the kind of reliable guy they need given injury concerns they have elsewhere in the rotation.

He's one of the two outfielders. Yeah comma Suppan got paid ace-ish kind of money for a three but he's an inning eater and a big change up from the rest of the rotation. The bullpen has being pretty good except for one inning. Had one game that we couldn't get runners in scoring position in but other than that they look good. And since we are playing the Cubs the next series we are going to be 5-1 after Sunday.:D

Cheesefood said:
Probably. That's why I chose to get an education.

Lets not confuse education with intelligence. Not pointing at you; but hate the fact that people mix the two. (yea; I went to college...)

sause said:
He's one of the two outfielders. Yeah comma Suppan got paid ace-ish kind of money for a three but he's an inning eater and a big change up from the rest of the rotation. The bullpen has being pretty good except for one inning. Had one game that we couldn't get runners in scoring position in but other than that they look good. And since we are playing the Cubs the next series we are going to be 5-1 after Sunday.:D

Smack talking starts at 7:05 tonight. I'm not expecting much out of Rich Hill, but tomorrow you've got Big Z vs Sheety. And then the Chicago Debut of Wade Miller. I'm feeling good about our lineup.

Dude said:
I'm planning a party for this game tonight. Too bad I don't have any friends.

Is WGN broadcast in HD?

You gonna party in the chat room?

What sucks is that the radio feed I bought is on like a forty-second delay, so when Bernie was watching the game in real time, he'd yell something like "DAMMIT!" when I was a couple pitches behind...

the_bird said:
You gonna party in the chat room?

What sucks is that the radio feed I bought is on like a forty-second delay, so when Bernie was watching the game in real time, he'd yell something like "DAMMIT!" when I was a couple pitches behind...

Don't worry Bird that won't happen tonight:) The game is on FSN North and my computer is nowhere near a TV so I won't be online doring the game:mug:

Bernie Brewer said:
Don't worry Bird that won't happen tonight:) The game is on FSN North and my computer is nowhere near a TV so I won't be online doring the game:mug:

I will be though....I'll just set the DVR at a 40 second delay though...cause I'm cool like that.

I'll be in chat.

Dude said:
He wants to be the next Bo Jackson.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070405/PKR01/704050533/1989

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MILWAUKEE — A.J. Hawk has no plans to join Deion Sanders or Bo Jackson as a two-sport athlete. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]But the Green Bay Packers' linebacker showed he was no slouch after a 10-year layoff on Wednesday when he took batting practice at Miller Park before the Milwaukee Brewers played the Los Angeles Dodgers.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](cont'd)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Cheesefood said:
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070405/PKR01/704050533/1989

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MILWAUKEE — A.J. Hawk has no plans to join Deion Sanders or Bo Jackson as a two-sport athlete. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]But the Green Bay Packers' linebacker showed he was no slouch after a 10-year layoff on Wednesday when he took batting practice at Miller Park before the Milwaukee Brewers played the Los Angeles Dodgers.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](cont'd)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Who pissed in your wheaties today?

Brewing. Whadda hobby! How many other hobbies are there where you have a sports team to root for? The Boston Gardeners? Nooo... The St. Louis Photographers? Nooo.... The Los Angeles Mountain Bikers? No, not that either.

But we have the Brewers. Even if they perennially suck, who else can say they have what we have?

Well...I gotta bounce from the forum for a while so I don't get any game spoilers....I'm at work til 3 and I have it taping on the DVR....

So see ya later with a Brew crew win, peeps!

yeah . . just got back fromthe park . . . now I remember why I lost interest in professional sports. That 1st baseman for the Cubbies made a couple really nice plays though. The hotdogs were also fantastic (as usual). Got one with mustard and one with stadium sauce (as usual).

I'm happy wit hthe turnout so far, but still skeptical. good pitching from the Cubbies.

2/7 Cheese
0/7 Dude
0/7 Bird

Cheesefood said:
I'm happy wit hthe turnout so far, but still skeptical. good pitching from the Cubbies.

2/7 Cheese
0/7 Dude
0/7 Bird

Yah, another fine showing from the crew yesterday. Can these guys get just one freaking hit with someone on base? Same **** as last year if you ask me.

So chesse, your $10 bottle....do you want belgian? I can get Russian River Damnation here--I think you'd like that!

Lotta baseball left, but.....I'm not too confident. Cubbies oh, 1 through 7 are strong!

Both teams worked hard, but the Cubs bench and bully just sucked corn logs today. Hitting was pretty good, considering that Capuano is a bit of a Cubby Killer.

Brewer related:

Interesting! American league baseball back in Milwaukee!!!!!

Indians-Angels series moved to Milwaukee

The Cleveland Indians, beset by cold and and snowy weather in Cleveland, will play a three-game series at Miller Park against the Los Angeles Angels beginning Tuesday, an Indians official said Monday.

The nasty weather wiped out the Seattle Mariners and the Cleveland Indians for the fourth straight day, causing the teams to postpone Monday's scheduled doubleheader.

To say the least, a three-game series in Milwaukee in April, and involving the Indians and the Angels, is a little unusual.

"I got a call from Cleveland this morning asking if it would be possible to play there," said Mike Duckett, the executive director of the Miller Park stadium district. "I said yes."

Officials at the Milwaukee Brewers did not immediately return a phone call.

Cleveland still has not played an official home opener.

No details were immediately available on how tickets to the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday series will be sold.

"We'll have another opening day," Duckett said. "We'll have the heat on and the roof closed."

Baseball fans will remember that Milwaukee stood in for Cleveland for the movie "Major League."

Dude said:
Brewer related:

Interesting! American league baseball back in Milwaukee!!!!!

Indians-Angels series moved to Milwaukee

The Cleveland Indians, beset by cold and and snowy weather in Cleveland, will play a three-game series at Miller Park against the Los Angeles Angels beginning Tuesday, an Indians official said Monday.

The nasty weather wiped out the Seattle Mariners and the Cleveland Indians for the fourth straight day, causing the teams to postpone Monday's scheduled doubleheader.

To say the least, a three-game series in Milwaukee in April, and involving the Indians and the Angels, is a little unusual.

"I got a call from Cleveland this morning asking if it would be possible to play there," said Mike Duckett, the executive director of the Miller Park stadium district. "I said yes."

Officials at the Milwaukee Brewers did not immediately return a phone call.

Cleveland still has not played an official home opener.

No details were immediately available on how tickets to the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday series will be sold.

"We'll have another opening day," Duckett said. "We'll have the heat on and the roof closed."

Baseball fans will remember that Milwaukee stood in for Cleveland for the movie "Major League."

Thats really strange, and certainly sucks for Indians fans. I'm almost tempted to go just for the novelty factor.

Back