3 weeks no carbination

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobrew

Reaction score
I botttled a St. Fuads Irish 3 weeks ago. I cracked one open last night and no signs of carbination what so ever. I tried a couple diffrerent bottles none showed any signs of carbination. This was the first batch that I tried geletin in. Is it possable that there was not enough yeast left to carb the bottles? Is there anything I can do to carb it up now? Was thinking about popping the the bottles and adding some rehydrated yeast..Good idea or bad???
thanks
mike

I wouldn't try that yet. Even with gelatin, you should have plenty of yeast in suspension to carb up the beer.

I'd gently turn them end over end (to resuspend any yeast that's prematurely flocculated) and keep them at 70-75 degrees if possible.

Yooper, Is getting them up to 70 or so for bottling ideal or a have too kind of thing?
Mine are setting at 65 to 70......Curious

Yooper, Is getting them up to 70 or so for bottling ideal or a have too kind of thing?
Mine are setting at 65 to 70......Curious

One other note there was no sedement at the bottom of the bottles.

Not so much "have to", but you'll get more consistent (and faster) carbonation if you can keep them at 70 degrees. Many ale yeasts slow down at under 65 degrees.

If there is no sediment, that means that the yeast are still suspended. I'd warm them up a bit and see if that helps.

Don't find this insulting, but you did add priming sugar right?? I've heard a few stories of people forgetting to put in their priming sugar.

Latest posts

Back